family Members

Jedi_Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

My question is, well ok I have a large family...well what punjabi family doesn't, anyways I come from a large family, and my uncles are all sadaars but not amritdari and drink, party, etc same with my aunties, and my cousins also party, date, drink, etc. Yes at times it can be dirty the enviroment, but there loving and caring and I love each and every one of them, because there my family but my question is if there not amritdari and have turban or haircuts can I hang out with them...cause I was told that your not allowed to once you take amrit and stuff.. no.gif

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee FAteh..!!

there's no rule saying u can't hang out wit them... but if u take amrit... being in that environment isn't gonna help you get closer to God... i mean i know they're family n everything... so it wouldn't be easy to jes drop all contact wit them.. but.. i guess u can say everything has its limits.. I would tell u like this... if u take amrit.. and ur really committed to it and everything.. then ur gonna find no need to be around these people much.. obviously if they're family ur gonna have to chill wit em sometimes.. but anywayz.. jes use ur instinct.... do what u really feel is right...

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee FAteh..!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I'm in a similar situation. It does become an interesting balance, but remember that you will always be guided through it. I don't believe associating with them is bad, but just make sure you do it in environments where you will minimize access to the bad elements. Like going for supper to a nice restaurant, ok. Going to gurdwara, sure! But if they wanna hit a club, go home.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!