Are you a cultural Sikh or Practicing Sikh ?

Gagan1995

Most people in most religions are always casual and cultural as in they don't heavily practice what they're born into. Myself , I'm Sajadhari and I don't really believe in a all mighty God who controls everything. If I wasn't born a Panjabi , I wouldn't be Sikh. What I do believe in is the Warrior culture of Khalsa. From the great Lions like Guru Hargobind / Gobind to the warrior sher like Hari Singh Nalwa , 21 Sikhs  , Mahraja Ranjeet Singh , Baba Banda , Jassa Singh Ahluwalia , Baba Deep Singh , Santa Bhinderwala and countless others . I also believe in the practices the Guru's preached like equality , helping the needy , picking up arms to fight oppression and etc. Khalsa has overcome many odds despite being so few in numbers. So when a lunatic decides to go in a cave for a few days and proclaim himself " prophet " , I just say wow , what magic does did guy use on a 1,000,000,000 people . Or when I hear stories like the entire humanity coming from 2 people , Adam and eve. Then you start wondering , how the humanity can come from 2 people , and all the incest that comes with that not to mention , people becoming sterile and deformed just after a few generations of inbreeding and some how , Asians , Blacks and whites came from such things , not to mention Eve being created from the rid of Adam , like <banned word filter activated> ? This convinced 2 billion  people ? Then our local fairly tales like Hanuman swallowing the sun , but the sun somehow doesn't die despite being in the stomach of a guy bigger than Sun itself . Idk , I don't believe in magic or miracles but I do believe in the warrior human nature of those who founded Khalsa. What about you. 

I dunno I question myself as a sikh as well. I keep my hair but always end up trimming my dhari      I keep it for 3 months and then someone always laughs or makes a stupid comment and I end up trimming it.   I do simran everyday though    when I'm walking or at work.   I also do simran with the sangat at the gurdwara sometimes.  I stopped drinking and eating meat about 2 years back     I used to be monah but got really annoyed and offended with people always thinking I'm a paki so I stopped cutting my hair and started wearing parka.

Iv learnt the first 5 pauris of anand sahib of by heart and I'm trying to learn chaupai sahib now   I can read it with the transliteration and have learnt how to prounonce the shabds properly by listening to the audio. Iv started giving money to the poor too.

I do try to push myself 

But I have full faith In guru ji  I always thank guru ji for everything and always do matha tek and ask guru ji to make me a better sikh 

main thing is to think on gurbani and try to hear what Guru ji is saying, learn to ignore the deluded people who think they know better than Guru ji . After all, anyone who has betrayed Guru ji has come a cropper and their future descendants are also destined to be far from Akal Purakh's blessings . Sure sikhi can be hard but when you start following and learning your mind becomes clearer and the real deep meanings of life come into focus ...