Do you view Sikh jokes as insidious and carefully engineered way to hurt sikh identity or is it because most people think we look funny ?

Sometimes i wonder why the indians keep forwarding each  other sikh jokes . Most of the times the joke doesn't have the punchline on the sardar. I mean you could replace "sardar" with "gujju" , "haryanvi" , "madrasi" , "american" , "canadian" or anything else and it would still be funny . 

So why only sardar I wonder . 

Well if you can make a future generation of a community hate themselves and their distinct symbols because those symbols make them the target of ridicule, then you have as well done a "soft genocide" on the community. 

It seems to me that there's a malignant agenda behind sikh jokes. or is it because indians think we look funny , not that most of them are good looking anyways . 

False ! Panjabis are the best looking ethnic group in India. Panjabis don't look like the stereotypical " Apu " from the simpsons like most Indians do. Panjabis don't go to other states to work as laborer [ they go cross country to Canada ] JK ,  other Indians from slum filled H*LL holes go to Panjab to work as laborers. Panjabis are the tallest and strongest ethnic group in India [ look it up] , it's also not a Surprise, Panjabi language is now famous because Sikhs carried it . You might not like the Panjabi media with the gangster / bad boys songs but because of these guys Panjabi is not only " surviving " , it's thriving. Gone are the days of Daler Mehdi , the clown who made Sikhs look like a bad meme , now Panjabi media is finally competing with Bollywood and getting 40-50 millions views each video. Look at other states where Hindi replaced the original language , Bihar [ most people don't even speak bhojpuri ] , Rajastan , Gujrat , Maharashtra , Orrisa , Jharkhaland , etc etc . Hindi has killed native languages in most States, but not Panjabi. You have to give it up to Panjabi media even if you dislike them , they are carrying Panjabi. Also forgot to mention , the only other language which is featured most in Bollywood beside hindi is Panjabi , most movies take place in a Panjabi setting and most dialog involve Panjabi phrases mixed with hindi. 

As far as jokes go Hindus are made fun of for worshipping everything , Arabs are called Sand N*****s , Indians generally are made fun of for not having toilets and pooping in streets [ thanks to poor central indians like UP / Bihar etc ] , Afgans are called boy lovers [ cause they dress boys as girls and do horrible things to them , and for being general savages in a dead country ] Chinese are called Gooks / slant eyed / dog eaters / people who eat everything , etc etc . Point is , no point in getting butthurt over santa banta jokes , those aren't even that bad compared to the ones I listed. 

1 hour ago, Gagan1995 said:

False ! Panjabis are the best looking ethnic group in India. Panjabis don't look like the stereotypical " Apu " from the simpsons like most Indians do. Panjabis don't go to other states to work as laborer [ they go cross country to Canada ] JK ,  other Indians from slum filled H*LL holes go to Panjab to work as laborers. Panjabis are the tallest and strongest ethnic group in India [ look it up] , it's also not a Surprise, Panjabi language is now famous because Sikhs carried it . You might not like the Panjabi media with the gangster / bad boys songs but because of these guys Panjabi is not only " surviving " , it's thriving. Gone are the days of Daler Mehdi , the clown who made Sikhs look like a bad meme , now Panjabi media is finally competing with Bollywood and getting 40-50 millions views each video. Look at other states where Hindi replaced the original language , Bihar [ most people don't even speak bhojpuri ] , Rajastan , Gujrat , Maharashtra , Orrisa , Jharkhaland , etc etc . Hindi has killed native languages in most States, but not Panjabi. You have to give it up to Panjabi media even if you dislike them , they are carrying Panjabi. Also forgot to mention , the only other language which is featured most in Bollywood beside hindi is Panjabi , most movies take place in a Panjabi setting and most dialog involve Panjabi phrases mixed with hindi. 

Have you been to Punjab recently? There are alot of schools there that teach in Hindi in Punjab.. Its quite odd because I know some families whos children go to those school in Punjab, and their children can't even count in Punjabi. My cousin's family migrated from Punjab to here in the west, and her kid can't read Punjabi but they can read Hindi.. It surprises me. A lot of the shops use Hindi signs rather than Gurmukhi ones. Im pretty sure Delhi was part of the Punjab region as well, and look what its turned into linguistically. 

1 hour ago, Preeet said:

Have you been to Punjab recently? There are alot of schools there that teach in Hindi in Punjab.. Its quite odd because I know some families whos children go to those school in Punjab, and their children can't even count in Punjabi. My cousin's family migrated from Punjab to here in the west, and her kid can't read Punjabi but they can read Hindi.. It surprises me. A lot of the shops use Hindi signs rather than Gurmukhi ones. Im pretty sure Delhi was part of the Punjab region as well, and look what its turned into linguistically. 

Its all a part of long plan to annihilate sikhs and their language . ! 

Raising a generation of hindufied "sikhs" who can't read gurmukhi or punjabi and thus can't read Sri Guru Granth sahib. 

Its all so systematic but remember God is the best of planners. China is watching . ;) 

In this battle of mahabharat between hindus (kauravs) and sikhs (punj pyare/pandus) , well you know who's gonna win . 

PS : Well you also know our own people are to be blamed. Moving into kanneda , etc leaves biharis and other hindu immigrants to move in and they will obv teach in hindi only ! 

1 hour ago, Preeet said:

In a country where Hindi has engulfed regional languages, Panjabi is the only one surviving and thriving in North India. Gotta give it up to my dravidan bros for not only killing Rajeev " Big Tree " Gande but also for rejecting Hindi as a whole. People from the South just HATE hindi and it's imposition. Yes , there is hindi in Panjab but, that's the fault of Panjabis for not working on their land rather bringing poor hindi migrants from Bihar and UP. You can't control non Punjabi speakers who invade Panjab and dilute real Panjabis , you have to blame Panjabis for having the worst Politicians in the world. What I'm saying is , it's a miracle Panjabi is not just surviving but thriving in this era. Be grateful

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
4 minutes ago, Gagan1995 said:

You should be hoping for development of the whole country not wars. Panjab will lose a lot if China / Pak invade, remember everything is fair in war , so chinese soldiers would not think twice about leveling Golden Temple into dust and then posing for photos. Unless you're hoping everything around Panjab is destroyed and somehow Panjab isn't touched. In 2050, India will have a bigger economy than USA, so in the mean time, since you live in Panjab, convince the SGPC to create missionaries to convert North India, so Sikhs can take over from the inside out. 

by my thinking nothing can be done . What will happen, will happen , but law of karma states that the longer the duration between sin and its punishment, the greater the punishment. 

India has suffered in the past as well for 1000 yrs by invaders. that too must be a paycheck of some karmic sin right ??

PS : since i stay here , i am not wishing for a war on india or something . I was just saying lol

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

I don't look funny, smelly, or like an under-nourished manlet. That's probably a currycel Indian thing for urban Delhi and Mumbai dwellers. I'm Punjabi. My gene game from a wider ethnic and familial genetic perspective is strong. Make a Sikh joke at my expense, and I'll plant one on your nasaa. ?

agreed but don't you think such overt "holier than thou" is problematic for sikhs in the long run . We tend to view other indians as lower than us, well atleast thats what the vibe is . Such sentiments are also prevalent in hindu jats who have big built (6 ft tall, wide chest, etc) , but in general i guess males with a better build have such sentiments .

People not fortunate enough to be born with such genes or nutrition  obviously can sense the supremacy in our words , our attitudes and they're much more in numbers than us . Its not good for us .