Guest Me Singh

Guest Me Singh

Basically, long story short, I used to be a guy who was always intoxicated with something. One day, guruji has blessed me and I had stopped all of the above inc meat and began to walk the path of the saints. Life got on top, my Sangat had changed and now I’m back to square 1. I’ve started it all back up. When I smoke, I can’t stop thinking of the creator and I feel so bad when I think of him. I deep down desire nothing more than to walk the path of the saints but how does one stop this? What does gurbani say about people that lose the self control aspect of sikhi? Does this make me a manmukh? 

Don't give up! no one is perfect, whenever you fall pick yourself up and start again. If  Waheguru is in your mind even when your smoking then that's Waheguru telling you to stop! we only remember Waheguru with his hukam/command. Guru Granth Sahib ji tells us we should always be with saadh sangat and not the wrong crowd. Kabir ji tells us that mixing with the wrong crowd is like thorns piercing our skin.

Never give up, if you make a mistake then just start again, life is a test and many people will stray but its important to come back again and only sangat can bring you back. Even Sikhs during the gurus time strayed off, like bhai joga of Peshawar, but Guru ji always accepted them.   I used to Drink heavily about two years ago and then i stopped but 3 days ago i got really stressed and upset over something and i felt like drinking to forget everything. i went out to by alcohol, didn't even tie my hair or wear patka but just put on my hoodie, i was feeling so down, i walked into the off licence shop but my heart didn't let me buy the sharab, Guru ji has brought me so far i just couldn't turn my back and buy that stuff, i took a deep breath and bought a can of diet coke instead lol!  , next day it was all calm, i went gurdwara and apologized.  These things happen, life will test you, but its important to round yourself up and get back on path again. 

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, jio

Just a question, have you ever had bad thoughts about someone who is a Sikh, such as,  you may think theyre not following correctly? Ive heard a story where a Singh was gurmukh, and then one time he saw 2 Kaur bibi jis speaking in the Gurdwara ji amongs eachother, and he thought to himself that those bibis arent paying attention to the Gurbani at the Gurdwara ji.. After he thought that, I think he lost his attention into Sikhi.. Its because he assumed something wrong about those 2 Kaur bibi jis. Those 2 Kaur bibi jis were actually talking about dharam/Sri Vaheguru ji at the Gurdwara ji, they werent talking about gossip/offtopic things. Somehow when he realized this mistake he did something (I forget what), and he got better. Bhull chuk maaf karliye Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

On Sunday, August 26, 2018 at 8:22 PM, Guest Me Singh said:

Basically, long story short, I used to be a guy who was always intoxicated with something. One day, guruji has blessed me and I had stopped all of the above inc meat and began to walk the path of the saints. Life got on top, my Sangat had changed and now I’m back to square 1. I’ve started it all back up. When I smoke, I can’t stop thinking of the creator and I feel so bad when I think of him. I deep down desire nothing more than to walk the path of the saints but how does one stop this? What does gurbani say about people that lose the self control aspect of sikhi? Does this make me a manmukh? 

Brother,

I feel so sorry, whenever I come to know that when anybody, or any sikh brother / sister, fall into drugs and drinking.

Personally I feel there is a lot of His grace on you, just apart yourself from bad sangat, which pulls you down.

At the same time, keep good sangat,  and engage yourself as much as possible  in  any sewa at  any Gurdwara.

Then slowly and slowly you will develope strong will power.  Just make a commitment to yourself, that you will come out from that dark well of drugs and all that surrounds it, delinquency. 

You do not deserve all this nonsense, you are a brave child of  brave and all powerful Dasvee Patshaee.

Do not let any "nashaa" overpower you, let it be if any, then it should of  His Nam.

You see, the mind is constantly seeking pleasures, take the chance of that weak point of the mind, and give it for once and ever, the tatse of:  Amrit Nam, maha ras meetha,   Wahiguru Palanhar Himself will take care of you, by keeping you safe at His Lotus Feet.

Waiting to listen soon from your side, that you have successfully  come out from the hell of intoxicants

Stay blessed.

Sat Sree Akal.