What in Sikhi do we know for sure?

mahandulai

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:48 PM, chatanga1 said:

Why no?

I haven't had that feeling. You can't show me that feeling, so why do I need to beleive in "god"?

good question, now its good we are getting to the nitty gritty.

logic and philosophy.

You don't. need. to believe in god,

what I'm assuming to ur going to say is, you don't need to, so why is this important?

And to that I am going to say, I don't know.

On 10/30/2018 at 5:08 PM, mahandulai said:

if a lot of people,

have a feeling, thats recordable evidence.

I'm not sure about that. Millions bow to mecca with a feeling that islam is the only religion acceptable to "god" but how is that recordable evidence? It's just the opinions of a lot of people.

On 10/30/2018 at 5:08 PM, mahandulai said:

if a lot of people,

have a feeling, thats recordable evidence. 

I have had 2 actual experiences with the spirit world. These experiences left me with 0% doubt that a spirit world exists as mentioned in Gurbani. But even though I am in a microscopic minority who have had such an experience, to me it's still evidence. But it not recordable evidence. I couldn't show or prove it to you. So should I then discard my experience because I'm unable to record it for proof?

3 hours ago, mahandulai said:

You don't. need. to believe in god,

what I'm assuming to ur going to say is, you don't need to, so why is this important?

Because my young friend, you need to believe in God. Not the massive white guy with a massive white beard in the sky, but the God who is described in the Mool Mantar/Gurbani. Without this belief there is no Sikhi.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:32 PM, chatanga1 said:

I'm not sure about that. Millions bow to mecca with a feeling that islam is the only religion acceptable to "god" but how is that recordable evidence? It's just the opinions of a lot of people.

I have had 2 actual experiences with the spirit world. These experiences left me with 0% doubt that a spirit world exists as mentioned in Gurbani. But even though I am in a microscopic minority who have had such an experience, to me it's still evidence. But it not recordable evidence. I couldn't show or prove it to you. So should I then discard my experience because I'm unable to record it for proof?

Because my young friend, you need to believe in God. Not the massive white guy with a massive white beard in the sky, but the God who is described in the Mool Mantar/Gurbani. Without this belief there is no Sikhi.

this answer is good for 5 year olds.

but we need more sorry.

if lots of people have the same feeling that is evidence, otherwise if only 3 people have it out of 7 billion, that is no really evidence, but if millions bow to meca, that is millions which is evidence.

2 hours ago, mahandulai said:

this answer is good for 5 year olds.

I'm sorry, it's the best I can do. Anyone who wishes to go one step further in helping our understanding is most welcome.

but we need more sorry.

"we" or you?

if lots of people have the same feeling that is evidence, otherwise if only 3 people have it out of 7 billion, that is no really evidence, but if millions bow to meca, that is millions which is evidence.

But my friend, millions more DON'T bow to Mecca. So why shouldn't they be more of a proof than the lesser millions that do bow to mecca?

2 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

I'm sorry, it's the best I can do. Anyone who wishes to go one step further in helping our understanding is most welcome.

"we" or you?

But my friend, millions more DON'T bow to Mecca. So why shouldn't they be more of a proof than the lesser millions that do bow to mecca?

because numbers are important, like saying why is 50 percent proof, more than 20 percent proof.

interesting question tho