Wearing red

puzzled

1 minute ago, puzzled said:

guru nanak dev ji also wore blue, i think he wore blue when he went saudi 

I heard Baba Nanak ji wore clothes that was mixed style of different faiths?

The blue being from dasmesh pita's disguise is something I've come across quite a few times when I read older texts in English. I just came across it againrecently again in a 1896 British document, then I came across this thread. That's what made me mention it. 

There is another related tradition that after the escape, the blue dress was burnt but that a strip survived, and one of the sahibzaadas took this strip and tied it to his dumalla, and that this is where nihang farlas originated. 

Interesting tales. Don't know if they are true though. 

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

no thats all it says.  but it seems banda singh bahadur rebelled for whatever reason and then bhai mani singh was called to sort the differences out between the two camps,  i wonder if they sorted their differences out ...

banda singh bahadur was captured by the mughals and was tortured really bad. they killed his son and force fed him his own son. 

thats something that the mughals did a lot. 

I don't think it was a 'rebellion', if it happened it was probably a leadership issue, with older Singhs objecting to the new innovations. Banda was obviously firm in his faith, hence his shaheedi.  

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

I don't think it was a 'rebellion', if it happened it was probably a leadership issue, with older Singhs objecting to the new innovations. Banda was obviously firm in his faith, hence his shaheedi.  

yeah im sure it was some kind of disagreement, but yeah he came back and attained shaheedi 

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

I heard Baba Nanak ji wore clothes that was mixed style of different faiths?

The blue being from dasmesh pita's disguise is something I've come across quite a few times when I read older texts in English. I just came across it againrecently again in a 1896 British document, then I came across this thread. That's what made me mention it. 

There is another related tradition that after the escape, the blue dress was burnt but that a strip survived, and one of the sahibzaadas took this strip and tied it to his dumalla, and that this is where nihang farlas originated. 

Interesting tales. Don't know if they are true though. 

the book im reading says that baba trilok singh from tarn dal said that nihungs get their appearance from guru nanak dev ji, he says that guru nanak devi ji when traveling to the middle east he wore blue and carried necessary weapons with him.

but yeah it could be from when guru gobind singh ji wore blue as a peer.