Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi I'm back after a long time, I wanna know so when I'm doing my Ardaas is there a part where I speak to God for my wishes and to explain the purpose of this Ardaas. Please, someone, help me and write the line in English Punjabi,

Thank you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
1 hour ago, GuestSikh06 said:

Hi I'm back after a long time, I wanna know so when I'm doing my Ardaas is there a part where I speak to God for my wishes and to explain the purpose of this Ardaas. Please, someone, help me and write the line in English Punjabi,

Thank you.  

Yeah there is a part where you can speak to Vaheguru Ji, Its when you say Sache Pita Vaheguru Ji Aap de Hazur...(whatever you want to say) At that time you can say what prayer you just did too. Although you don't really need to because Vaheguru Ji knows everyone's inner thoughts anyway. 

This is probably the worst explanation ever but hoped it helped :) 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ਹੇਨਿਮਾਣਿਆਦੇਮਾਣਨਿਤਾਣਿਆਦੇਤਾਣਨਿਓਟਿਆਂਦੀਓਟਸਚੇਪਿਤਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਆਪਜੀਦੇ......ਅਰਦਾਸਹੈਜੀ॥

O' true father of all lord, Waheguru here is a prayer: ...

During this part of the Ardas you can ask Maharaaj for help.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GuestSikh06 said:

Hi I'm back after a long time, I wanna know so when I'm doing my Ardaas is there a part where I speak to God for my wishes and to explain the purpose of this Ardaas. Please, someone, help me and write the line in English Punjabi,

Thank you.  

GuestSikh06 Jee,

better do not ask any wishes to Him, for does not the Bani say: Bin boliya, sabh kich jaanda.

Let us ask ourselves: If He, whom we ask for things, has the power to give, has He not the power to know what we want?

It is something to think about seriously.  

So, if we ever even wanto ask Him for something, let us ask for Him, from Him.

For only by having Him, we shall need nothing. While by not having Him,  our greedy mind will keep on asking again and again,  and our desires shall never diminish, thus these very desires will keep us entraped in the wheel of births and deaths.

And to avoid all that suffering and pain, let us see what Guru Jee tells us in the following 2 verses.

ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਕਰਹੁ ਦਇਆ ਮੇਰੇ ਸਾਈ ॥

Thumh Karahu Dhaeiaa Maerae Saaee ||

ਐਸੀ ਮਤਿ ਦੀਜੈ ਮੇਰੇ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਤੁਧੁ ਧਿਆਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ

Aisee Math Dheejai Maerae Thaakur Sadhaa Sadhaa Thudhh Dhhiaaee 

Here Guru tells us to ask Him for His blessings,in order to be able to meditate on Him, for He is only realized by meditating upon Him, no other karam kaand will ever bring us closer to Him, or in the end to merge and become one with Him.

 

Guru Jee´s wisdom has to be faithfully applied as ointmnent on our mental eyes, only then can our spiritual sight can be restored to have His Darshan.

 

Stay blessed.

Sat Sree Akal.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

GuestSikh06 Jee,

better do not ask any wishes to Him, for does not the Bani say: Bin boliya, sabh kich jaanda.

Let us ask ourselves: If He, whom we ask for things, has the power to give, has He not the power to know what we want?

It is something to think about seriously.  

So, if we ever even wanto ask Him for something, let us ask for Him, from Him.

For only by having Him, we shall need nothing. While by not having Him,  our greedy mind will keep on asking again and again,  and our desires shall never diminish, thus these very desires will keep us entraped in the wheel of births and deaths.

And to avoid all that suffering and pain, let us see what Guru Jee tells us in the following 2 verses.

ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਕਰਹੁ ਦਇਆ ਮੇਰੇ ਸਾਈ ॥

Thumh Karahu Dhaeiaa Maerae Saaee ||

ਐਸੀ ਮਤਿ ਦੀਜੈ ਮੇਰੇ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਤੁਧੁ ਧਿਆਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ

Aisee Math Dheejai Maerae Thaakur Sadhaa Sadhaa Thudhh Dhhiaaee 

Here Guru tells us to ask Him for His blessings,in order to be able to meditate on Him, for He is only realized by meditating upon Him, no other karam kaand will ever bring us closer to Him, or in the end to merge and become one with Him.

 

Guru Jee´s wisdom has to be faithfully applied as ointmnent on our mental eyes, only then can our spiritual sight can be restored to have His Darshan.

 

Stay blessed.

Sat Sree Akal.

15

Wow... I have no words, this is very philosophical I like your thought process. I will definitely think about this daily,  when I was younger I had darshan of Guru Gobind Singh Ji in my dream. I had a bad dream and all I remember was I prayed and  we were in the sky at lightning speed with different colours and I woke up in a flash. I would love to have darshan of Guru Nanak I pray to him a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, GuestKaur2 said:

Yeah there is a part where you can speak to Vaheguru Ji, Its when you say Sache Pita Vaheguru Ji Aap de Hazur...(whatever you want to say) At that time you can say what prayer you just did too. Although you don't really need to because Vaheguru Ji knows everyone's inner thoughts anyway. 

This is probably the worst explanation ever but hoped it helped :) 

Thank you, it's great!! The problem is, wherever I go to find Ardaas there's always different variations and I just don't know which one's supposed to be the correct one. At the moment, I'm using the one from RajKaregaKhalsa website with different colours, I've stopped using my red velvet Nitnem book for Ardaas. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Yeah heard many variations of this sakhi. Do you know what the actual source is? The point I was making is, throughout ithiaas, when Maharaaj seeked to change something, especially as big of a sanskaar as this, things have been clearer. I just find it odd that there isn't any Bani with the Sakhi - and - that a marriage ceremony came up only at the time of Guru Ramdas Ji. Big gap. Something doesn't quite add up. Hmm possibly with regards to the Pandit, although Vedic Saloks whilst walking around a Gutka? Idk about that.   Nobody is fooling themselves. For some reason, and I don't actually know why, you want the fire to be representitive of Agni Devta. A fire can symbolise many things. Meanings and definitions change (as is the case for many things within Sikhi itself); it doesn't necessarily mean it's anthropomorphized or personified in the way you want it to be. This is the same level of reasoning people use to reject the use of jyot (and other practises in common) in Gurdwaras.   I've always said, that if Namdharis were normal Sikhs, they would be one of the most rehitvaan, shardavaan Sampardas we have. Their Maryada is solid and they have many good qualities which they put into practise. Plus their Nitnem is big. I've been to Bhaini Sahib and it's really quite a sight. They have this little building where non-stop Jaap/Simran has been going on since like the 1920s. SGGSJ was prakash in one of the buidings as well; was some kinda of triple Akhand Paath going on. And fyi Ajeet, they do believe in Amrit Sanchar and Panj Kakkar, however they don't wear the Kirpan - they were banned from keeping Shastar during Brit rule and for some unbeknownst reason continued to stay without them. They have kept many Puratan traditions going. It's a shame they've fallen in other areas. And before anyone says it, no I am not promoting Namdharis or letting their manmat views off.
    • If I started this topic why does it bother u ? U probably thought I worship radasoami thete are so many fake babe in sikhi to making up fake storylines and confusing khalsa panth  
    • Sacha Sauda fake guru rampal  asaram gurbachana nirankari radasoamii  there are over 15 radasoami deer with different  guru  
    • Bro im not radasoami or going to be im proud to be guru Nanak patshah sikh I don’t need to join any fake path I had this pangti in mind which could u not explain 🙏   
    • Mate,   did you ask sikhs permission or her families permission when you entered into a relatioship with her ? If you go to smagams and have such high respect for our Guru sahiban and bani - why dont you embrace Sikhi altogether ? Does the religion matter or are you overcome by lust ? Seems like the latter is more applicable in your case. Fruitcake
×

Important Information

Terms of Use