Jump to content
Guest Guest Singh

Hemkunt Sahib

Recommended Posts

Guest Guest Singh

Wjkk Wjkf

Sangat ji I had the opportunity to visit Hemkunt Sahib this past week.

I shot some pictures and videos I can share here if you are interested. Let me know. 🙂

Wjkk Wjkf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go for it. I'd love to see how it's changed. I went there as a kid a while ago, and it was great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest Singh

I have uploaded some pictures of the Gurdwara and the views along the way. The videos are taking a lot of time to upload, hence I could not attach them. I might retry uploading them separately. 🙂

Wjkk Wjkf!

IMG_20190703_122921.jpg

IMG_20190702_104548.jpg

IMG_20190701_110204.jpg

IMG_20190702_162827.jpg

IMG_20190702_063628.jpg

IMG_20190703_092137.jpg

IMG_20190702_141920.jpg

IMG_20190702_103936.jpg

IMG_20190702_111621.jpg

IMG_20190702_141926.jpg

IMG_20190702_104600.jpg

IMG_20190702_141905.jpg

IMG_20190702_141920.jpg

IMG_20190702_133201.jpg

IMG_20190702_130533.jpg

IMG_20190702_141912.jpg

IMG_20190702_141911.jpg

IMG_20190702_141910.jpg

IMG_20190702_133210.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't able to go here :( last time I went to India, the weather was too bad, but great pics thank you 

Edited by Redoptics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest Singh
19 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Lovely photography skills. 

Hehe really? Actually I think it's just that the views are quite good lol. But thanks!

18 hours ago, Redoptics said:

last time I went to India, the weather was too bad

I hope the next time it's better and you get to visit. 

I did not know this but a Singh apparently does sewa of hoisting the Nishan Sahib atop each of the surrounding 7 mountains every year. We could barely spot them...they looked like singular thorns...they were very high. Do carry a pair of binoculars if you wanna see them clearly.

Wjkk Wjkf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Voyger 1

This is a man made pictures are lovely. Guru Garanth Sahib jee sits on this mountain. I can go in the Pacific mountains, Andes, Swiss, or even the Rockies  and find so many lakes with peaks. We are  a modern (refers to time not tradition) and scientific, we don't believe in this ritual that is more towards the Hindus. Science says Earth was once one a Island. Gurbani says the earth is alive and Earth moves just like  Earthquakes. Earth breaths Volcanic. I want someone to condemn we are not scientific or give me more know about Science which we are. Guru Jee never taught us Earth is Flat Guru Jee shows that the Earth revolves around the sun. Lets talk sense and science. I am an adventurer in the back country. I love the back country it gives so peace and power to relate to science and Gurbani. It is too bad in Sikhism we have 99.9% Snowflakes and barely .01% who everything about Sikhism. Sikh's are free to hoist their flag on the moon if they wish but it doesn't have any meanings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest GuestSingh

beautiful. jus having darshan from the pics themselves makes the mind feel calm n at ease...

would love to go on gurdwara yatra one day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:22 PM, Guest Guest Singh said:

I have uploaded some pictures of the Gurdwara and the views along the way. The videos are taking a lot of time to upload, hence I could not attach them. I might retry uploading them separately. 🙂

Wjkk Wjkf!

IMG_20190703_122921.jpg

IMG_20190702_104548.jpg

IMG_20190701_110204.jpg

IMG_20190702_162827.jpg

IMG_20190702_063628.jpg

IMG_20190703_092137.jpg

IMG_20190702_141920.jpg

IMG_20190702_103936.jpg

IMG_20190702_111621.jpg

IMG_20190702_141926.jpg

IMG_20190702_104600.jpg

IMG_20190702_141905.jpg

IMG_20190702_141920.jpg

IMG_20190702_133201.jpg

IMG_20190702_130533.jpg

IMG_20190702_141912.jpg

IMG_20190702_141911.jpg

IMG_20190702_141910.jpg

IMG_20190702_133210.jpg

Thanks. Beautiful place that is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2019 at 10:42 PM, Guest Voyger 1 said:

This is a man made pictures are lovely. Guru Garanth Sahib jee sits on this mountain. I can go in the Pacific mountains, Andes, Swiss, or even the Rockies  and find so many lakes with peaks. We are  a modern (refers to time not tradition) and scientific, we don't believe in this ritual that is more towards the Hindus. Science says Earth was once one a Island. Gurbani says the earth is alive and Earth moves just like  Earthquakes. Earth breaths Volcanic. I want someone to condemn we are not scientific or give me more know about Science which we are. Guru Jee never taught us Earth is Flat Guru Jee shows that the Earth revolves around the sun. Lets talk sense and science. I am an adventurer in the back country. I love the back country it gives so peace and power to relate to science and Gurbani. It is too bad in Sikhism we have 99.9% Snowflakes and barely .01% who everything about Sikhism. Sikh's are free to hoist their flag on the moon if they wish but it doesn't have any meanings.

What a load of crap you just spewed here my dear brother.  Why having such negative thought about sri hemkunt sahib? You don;t have to brag about you being an adventurer again and again. Control ego. Control "Being getting duped by missionaries" again and again. Just an advice from your elder brother here. Chardi kala.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I think this is due to the big improvement of regional cinema industries. I remember watching punjabi movies 10-15 years ago. They were very inferior to bollywood movies. In terms of story lines, special affects and general quality of production. This was understandable though as Punjabi cinema was just starting to come good and was not well fincanced .Many of the early punjabi films were just about some macho punjabi guy acting like a gangster with big mucha lol. I think those days are gone we are now seeing some good story lines and productions instead of those stereo typical films that were made before in the 80's and 90's. Poeple can relate more to their own cultual language films more then the hindi type nonsence films. That glorify khans and muslims.Punjabi films can promote Sikhism and Punjabi language and do much good for punjab and punjabis by making good moral films to adsress alcohol and other issues affecting us. What we need is better actors, directors and producers to steer punjabi cinema to a bright future. Maybe it can become a global force? Tamil film industry is huge and they do good at promoting their language, culture and faith.
    • i was just saying that they have created some of the most beautiful architecture and art work   even if the ideas were stolen.  Raphael, michaelangelo etc are some of the greatest artists ever   
    • Why is the comparison wrong?  I am not asking this question as atheist, I am just wondering if there was any reason we had so many Gurus?
    • Punjabi movie industry is gd. Many Punjabi movies are really gd. Most Punjabis i know now only watch Punjabi movies and not Hindi movies, even pakistanis watch Punjabi movies. Punjabi movies are cultured and many have a Sikh theme, hindi movies on the other hand is just full of kanjars and kanjris stripping on screen and doing dirty scenes  you can't actually sit with family and watch hindi movies. Last few yrs there have been many Sikh themed punjabi movies and movies focusing on issues in the punjabi community. The movie Ardas is really gd and is about faith in waheguru and other issues in the punjabi community. Movies like rab da radio, daana pani are really good and about families and breakups. Some Punjabi film makers are also making art house movies   like anhay gore da daan  which is about poverty in the dalit community and chauti koot about a family caught up between the karkhu singhs and army.     Punjab 1984 was good really gd for the 1st half but the 2nd half was not that gd!     Shareek was gd too 
    • People are turning off Bollywood in droves and Punjabi cinema seems to be booming. What you are seeing is the burgeoning of regional cinema, localism seems to be the priority over the centralised Hindu speaking media. So much that the Hindi speaking Mumbai Punjabis in the Bollywood film industry have suddenly discovered their Punjabi roots. 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use