Peterson Death Penalty

Guest Sony

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with what Sony said!

Life in prison without parole is a living hell and it's surely a harsher punishment for a criminal.  Imagine living in a small cell for the rest of your life, with crappy food, bad living conditions and always facing the danger of being harmed by your fellow inmates...

But then again, executing Scott Peterson will quite possibly restore some balance in the  lives of the victim's family.

Crappy food, and bad living conditions?

I bet some people in Africa would be DYING to live inside an "American jail cell" with "crappy food and living conditions".

Peterson deserves to die, he killed his wife AND his child, while he was romancing another girlfriend.

And as far as putting him in jail, I would never give him another chance to escape.

You can not bring the Gurus into this, because then it becomes a game with no rules. You do NOT know what the Gurus do.

All we have are our interpretations.

Judge one by one's actions, not what he is born as.

And as far as him not having enough time to connect with God...he'll have plent

y of time. He'll be in jail for a decade before getting the lethal injection.

Okay, so how does an African apply to this situation?

It's quite obvious you have no sense of what prisons are really like. Prisons do enough to keep you alive to conform with the laws of basic human rights, go look it up. Other than that, they are a living hell. You're telling me an African would long to live in a jail cell? If that man enjoys being raped, sure why not. After all, his son and daughter was being raped. How is prison any different? rolleyes.gif NO *hit that an African would long to live in an American jail cell, because they have to abide by Human Rights. In prison your freedom is taken away but do what they have to do to abide with the laws of life.

I don't condone what Peterson did. It was a horrible act and I can't imagine what the victim's family is going through. Think of it this way, when this man dies God will decide his fate, and you know it ain't gonna be pretty.

This question was brought up on another forum. One person stated, "do you know why Canada is probably the greatest country in the world? Because we protect our Human Rights."

"Commiting a crime, then going to prison and becoming retarded or obese because you weren't given the tools to stay in shape or further your education results in failure to comply with our Human Rights. "

I think that that concept should apply here.

This is why you are able to walk freely in society and not have to be subjected to racial oppression, like the example of Africans that you thought could further your point. rolleyes.gif

You need to learn to treat everyone equally.

Nice,

Maybe the singhs should have not shot Indiria Ghundi, but should have given her a big hug and a Kiss.

Nothing wrong with the  Death Penalty, look at our history singhs gave  Death Penaltys.

Indira Ghandi was different. She was murdering our people.

But...

Killing her resulted in what? More atrocities by the Hindu population. Though it had to be done to prevent her from enacting other policies and carrying out more of her personal crusades against the Sikhs.

Fateh

Sangat Ji,

Thanks for your views on this topic.

I have just found so much that seems wrong with the death penalty. The biggest point being that many people have been killed who were innocent. Maybe killers do need to be given the death penalty, I, as a human dont have enough knowledge to make such a big decision, but I do believe that those that are innocent who died do deserve to live. Would you not stop giving the death penalty even for those people? We as Sikh's believe in justice, how do we give justice when that happens?

Maybe the singhs should have not shot Indiria Ghundi, but should have given her a big hug and a Kiss.

? I'm not sure why you would say this. It seems to me that they had no choice and no other way of stopping her. These criminals are behind bars, u can stop them and help them. Everyone says that the sentances arn't harsh enough, well these sentances arn't set in stone, we can change them! and about prisinors escaping, instead of spending all that money on trying to find a more efficient way to kill them, a more sterile way, one that wont hurt the killer, why not invest that money in securing a prison?

There are over 444 people on death row in texas alone right now. It doesnt seem to be scaring neone into stopping crime there.

But these are just my views, everyone has their own view, however, is there nething in Gurbani that talks about the Death

Penalty?

Pul Chuk Maaf

QUOTE (Mkhalsa @ Dec 16 2004, 06:45 AM)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I used to be against the death penalty....

Until the day my phuphar jee was shot to death in cold blood inside a gurudwara.

Then I had to do a lot of thinking.

I am for the death penalty. I used to say all the things you guys are saying. But you can't know how the family feels. You can't know the pain that lasts all these years and you can't know how nice it would have been to put a slug in that guys forehead.

But besides the emotional drama which in the end is always subjective, we know that Sikhi advocates the death penalty. Why? Because what did guru gobind singh jee do to the mahants? He burned them ALIVE. How have great evil-doers and criminals always been dealt with by gursikhs? With DEATH.

In guru sahibs time, singhs were known as the vision of KAAL himself (death himself). When a singh is dressed in bana, manytimes people would say, that is a vision of death himself. Singhs brought death to the wicked and justice to the good. In fact, this is one of our MAIN causes. This is WHY we wear a KIRPAN! We do KIRPA with it. We bring it down with gods might and infuse light into darkness. Is the kirpan (kharad/talwaar) just meant to be a weapon for injuring someone? NO! If it was, we would be carrying around gatka sticks or night sticks, but instead we are carrying lethal weapons which can do harm.

Sikhi is all about

justice, truthfulness, and righteousness. Guru sahib has taught us the value and the love of life, but has also taught us well (and carefully) the responsibility of death. 

I agree with MKhalsa -
Indira Ghandi was different. She was murdering our people.

And so what if she was murdering 'our people' - if she murdered any innocent person, regardless of religion she deserved what Shaheed Beant Singh, Shaheed Satwant Singh, and Shaheed Kehar Singh gave to her. ^_^

ikrq kmwxy duK shu prwxI Aink join BRmwieAw ]

kirath kamaanae dhukh sahu paraanee anik jon bhramaaeiaa ||

For the actions you committed, you shall suffer the penalty; you shall be consigned to countless reincarnations.

Penalty is gonna be given by Akaal Purakh Waheguroo eventually.........but who knows its all written...however someone dies is his hukum...nothing goes against his hukum......dunno if u guys heard the story about the guy who had a big ego and he was told that he was going to die under this tree in a couple of days so he began running away...but eventually he ran back to the same tree in the end and he was killed by the general and his soldiers cuz some thief planted some stolen jewels next to where he was asleep....i think this was from a sakhi of one of our gurus.......so i guess it all comes down to its his hukum on how this body is taken from us......forgive my mistakes......

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh!

God reside in all, if a banda has made a mistake, and repents what he did and might be planning to begin bhagtia s soon as he's free and he find out he's going to be killed?

guru sahib tells us if someone has repented, then they should be forgiven. In fact isnt there a sakhi about someone who kept making mistake after mistake, sin after sin, but every time they would go to guru sahib asking for forgiveness and every time guru sahib would forgive them. I can't quite remember the details of it.

BUT, scott peterson has not repented in fact he still denies any wrong doing. People like this cannot be helped.

Even the person who murdered my phuphar jee, he was a mona. Right before the trial he started growing his dhari and hair and started saying he is a devout sikh and a devout sikh doesnt lie and doesnt kill. He kept denying any wrong doing by USING the sikh image wrongfully.

There is a clear difference between someone who is a badmash and someone who repents and apologizes humbly.