Shockingly liberal mindsets of some sikhs

Harditsingh

So I was browsing Reddit sikh website and came across a thread that shocked me . There was a guy complaining about how it's wrong that some sikhs are supporting abortion transgenders LGBT etc and how these things are incompatible with sikhi and the responses he got were horrific. Sikhs were actually going against him and supporting LGBT trans and abortions how is this possible isn't it obvious that these things have no place on sikhi ?

The average Sikh in the West (not particularly religious or culturally aware aside from the bare basics they've gleaned over the years through cultural osmosis) arguably belongs, in my opinion, to a group that is the most eager to disavow its own kind and their ways in order to please and ingratiate themselves with a non-Sikh third party.

Contemporary, middle-class millennial Sikhs suffer from a delusion whereby they've convinced themselves they're radicals, rebels, and allies of the downtrodden in the same vein as their ancestors, but on closer inspection they actually are stooges of a slick, corporate globalism that's veiled itself with the vestiges of the downtrodden underdog in order to appeal to those with some semblance of a conscience, or at least the kind of people who like to signal their piousness. When this particular group intersects with the contemporary religious or spiritual Western Sikh, that's when the fun and games begin! ?