Help of Gurbani needed in fear

AussieSikh

My grandson is 6 months old and at night be wakes up in fear and in nightmares as my daughter is unable to look after him as she has got brain tumor.

Once she take the medicine she knocks down for hours and hours without waking up.

I need your help in giving me Gurbani or Shabads which we can recite or listen to cds or tapes so that Guru helps and guides us and that my grandson does not have any fear or nightmares so does my daughter.

Please help me.

Veer ji,

Forgive me, but how do you know for certain that your 6 month old is having nightmares? i mean a child at the age of 6 months is still a baby. im just curious how certain are you, perhaps this is coudl be something else.

Veer ji you should post this question at Sikhnet.com. I believe they will be more able to assist you with your question. http://www.sikhnet.com/sikhnet/youth.nsf/by+Date

In the mean time, whenever i had nightmares i would recite the Mool Mantra over and over again, not just before bed, but thru out the day.

I pray the Divine Mother will gives you and your family the strenght to pull thru this difficult times. Waheguru, Waheguru, Waheguru...

I apologize i couldn't be of much help.

Waheguru.

Ok.. my personal suggestion..

There are many shabads which you can read.. Salok M. 9, Kirtan Sohila Sahib and many Gutke have Rakhea De Shabad which are compiled right before Sohila Sahib. You should read them near your grandson so he too can listen, and even better, have your daughter do it too.

Then do ardas for your grandson since he's too young to do it for himself but make sure he's with you while you are doing ardas and reading bani.

And then after you are done try going to sleep and until you do fall asleep.. just do abhiyaas of mool mantar or gurmantar.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

u il get rakhiya de shabads in sgpc gutkas. can read these shabads also.

"sir mastak rakhiya parbrahm"

" taatee vao naa lagayee"

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Nahi veer ji

just check the Sunder Gutka by SGPC,

Got Barah Maha

two Shabad hazaare, Asa Di Vaar, Sukhmani Sahib Bani mhala nauva

not rakheya de Shabad tho.

CAn anyone find these online in PDF, the RAkheya de Shabad?

as for the question

how about doing 5-10 minutes Simran with the Child everyday :wub: ?

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

the reason why the child is having the nightmares is because of the fact he has done bad things in the past life.

sober children tend to remember the good things they did, every child in the world has dreams because it reflects on what they do. lustful people have dreams of lust, while those who do paath tend to observe SGGS and it goes on.

the reason why your child is like as such is perhaps he did not do much paath in his previous life. or perhaps alot of bad happened to him, hence, the child, remembers and cries out to maharaj to save him. that is what i think is why your grandchild cries (gustpahi maaf).

now, how to combat it. well, lets see, asa di // tends to make me happy, hopw about that if your grandchild cries at about amritvela time. or, recite japji sahib with the child.

during the day time, i suggest you read to your child chopai sahib da paath, because it is paath for protection. in the same way, i believe your child needs protection from these nightmares, after all, nightmares can damage a child quite a bit.

or, if you do not have the time for that, i sugegst you get shabad kirtan and make the child listen to it. just before going to sleep, like a lullaby. the child can go sleep and have sweet dreams.

anyway, i hope i have helped you jio

gustaphi maaf