Keertan/Smagam Program

Guest rsingh

Gurfathe,

the aim of this post is not to offend any one,

but, today it seems we are stuck uppon who and which jatha will be attending certain program/smagams. Im guilty as the next person, but going to a smagam cause some one "famous", a well known raagi is atending, is that the right reson to attend? are we not going because of the keertani/raagi instead of the biraas of keertan, the raas of gurbani. we look for a well known jatha yet we ignore the other jath cause they are new on the field yet they are the so called "next big thing".

by going to certain programs and not going to others because of which raagi si comming, or rather which isnt are we not defeating the purpose of a keertan darbar/smagam.

pull chuk maff.

if any brother/sister has taken please forgive me, and tell me where i am wrong so I can learn from my mistake

Guroo Rakha

if we go to program cause of keertani

then we dont go for gurbani lah, raas of gurbani but to hear the voice of a raagi and we dont gain anything,

its shudnt matter who is singing bani, as long as its gurbani u will and shud benifit. I dont mean to say raagis arent important as there effort shud be rewarded but I think picking and chossing to go to one program over another because theres a certain Raagi comming to one and not the other is wrong.

Nanak naam chadi kala, teri pani sarbat da paala.

Pull chuk maaf.

please note I am not refering to any particular Program, Jatha, etc or starting an argument but just like to bring to the attention what we are doing.

there are those that can hear the keertani sing... and there are those that can hear BEYOND the keertani singing.

we need to hear beyond the keertani singing. we shouldnt be seeing the keertani coz our eyes should be closed. Theres no use saying "yeh but thats next level stuff" or "its very difficult" because if you think like that, the subconscious mind wont let you progress any further no matter how hard you try. You can only do it if you believe it enough to be true.