My family are nuts over this turkish tv series

Guest K.S.Kaur

Guest K.S.Kaur

Wgk-Wgf

My family are absolutely obsessed with this Turkish Islamic TV series about small tribes of nomadic people rising against the powerful Mongol hordes and the mighty European crusader armies in the 13th century . Apparently it's similar to what Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj experienced in his life time against the powerful and outnumbered Mughals. Has anyone seen this movie and what do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fJXATpIiUQ&list=PLDoK5CcjJZA6JfX5IsRx6tPJU_Wem-r3w

Guest Mandeep_UKHSX
23 hours ago, Guest K.S.Kaur said:

Wgk-Wgf

My family are absolutely obsessed with this Turkish Islamic TV series about small tribes of nomadic people rising against the powerful Mongol hordes and the mighty European crusader armies in the 13th century . Apparently it's similar to what Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj experienced in his life time against the powerful and outnumbered Mughals. Has anyone seen this movie and what do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fJXATpIiUQ&list=PLDoK5CcjJZA6JfX5IsRx6tPJU_Wem-r3w

Very interesting historical series of the medieval times and very well made. 

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh
On 1/28/2020 at 11:07 AM, Guest K.S.Kaur said:

Wgk-Wgf

Interesting you should say that sister because - not many people know this - but Turkey realised a few years ago that the world is changing and they can actually gain political power and influence throughout the world via the medium of TV. They were clever with the way they went about this. They realised that their olive skin tone meant that people sitting at home wat ching TV in Argentina, Columbia, Lebanon and Mexico and Syria etc would identify with the characters. They invested heavily in TV as a foreign policy objective. Turkish TV dramas have taken over half the world........while the other half was sleeping.

Guest JaggyUK
6 hours ago, proactive said:

Islamic propaganda. I wouldn't waste my time watching the life of someone who thought a slave dealer who allowed his followers to rape captured women was an ideal example for all time.

My mates are also obsessed with it, they even went to Turkey to visit some of the historical sites and cities. I really I don't understand some people. You should be happy with your own culture.

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh
41 minutes ago, puzzled said:

It's just tv show though!  No?   

Not JUST a TV show though Puzzled. Not so much 'it' but the concept of Turkish TV drama also gives us an insight as to how colonialism works in the modern age and also, in a roundabout way, ties in with what I said in one of my previous messages in my $h1t that white people do thread - i.e. white European and by default white North America is a dinosaur whose days are numbered. They're on their way out and that's why we're seeing a revival of white nationalism, i.e.a desperate last minute attempt to preserve what they have because even they know their glory days are over. While we in the 'west' are stuck in the past, still reading books about British colonialism in Africa the Chinese have, within the last 20 years, colonised Africa to such an extent that it makes British colonialism look like child's play. And the Turks ?   Well, colonialism throughout the non-white world (South America, Central America, Asia) via the medium of TV was there for the taking by the Indians but the Indians could not life themselves up from their puerile song and dance routines and so the Turks siezed their opportunity. No amount of wars, invasions and trillion dollar aid programmes could have achieved what the Turks have managed to achieve via TV drama - i.e. colonised the whole of latin America and Asia. So no....not 'just a TV show'. This is an insight into how modern international politics work.

I have watched a few Turkish shows on TV.

It started with netflix when I watched all those Marvel shows. Then netflix's algorithms start to show other linked programs and there was a Turkish superhero show and I thought that sounds interesting. 

I started watching, it wasn't great but I picked up a few turkish words. 

Then other turkish shows appeared on Netflix. I don't like the format. They would have 78 episodes on one season and some episodes are 50 minutes, others are 2 and a half hours. I don't have that kind time to watch.

Mind you with the advent of Netflix's advent into production of non US shows,  production levels have improved and sometimes they have a different spin on certain genres. 

What is interesting about watching Turkish shows is that they tend to use blond blue eye actors from the Balkans. The European Muslims not the Central Anatolian types.

Guest Lion King
5 hours ago, Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh said:

OK. Still not listening to me ?   Let's try a different approach:

www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/sep/13/turkish-tv-magnificent-century-dizi-taking-over-world

These Turkish series are actually very interesting, far better than Bollywood singing and dancing. They talk about family values, God and justice. I really watching them. Drilis Ertugrul is a wonderful series, and now 'Kurulus Osman'.