Must watch: Dominion

puzzled

In america lots of panjabi and sikhs work in Turkey farms and chicken packing houses. 

Called foster farms. The killed chicken comes in frozen and they hack at it into smaller pieces. 

My grandpa worked on a turkey farm. He would raise thousands of chicks. They would be sent for slaughter when older. Then he would raise the new ones. Didnt actually kill them. Just raised them. Ppl from the other side of the family made fun of him alot. And it stinks there. Hundreds of birds packed into these huge warehouses.

Like my dad says in america the economy is just meat alcohol and drugs. 

Thankfully we r the first generation born here. So we dont have to do jobs like that. 

3 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

In america lots of panjabi and sikhs work in Turkey farms and chicken packing houses. 

Called foster farms. The killed chicken comes in frozen and they hack at it into smaller pieces. 

My grandpa worked on a turkey farm. He would raise thousands of chicks. They would be sent for slaughter when older. Then he would raise the new ones. Didnt actually kill them. Just raised them. Ppl from the other side of the family made fun of him alot. And it stinks there. Hundreds of birds packed into these huge warehouses.

Like my dad says in america the economy is just meat alcohol and drugs. 

Thankfully we r the first generation born here. So we dont have to do jobs like that. 

Yh most the people that work in these places are immigrants and mostly illegal immigrants. 

• 6 months later...
LEFT TO ROT 

Starving pigs ‘forced to eat each other in shocking catalogue of neglect at “high standards” farm’

WARNING
  • 24 Aug 2020, 13:46
  • Updated: 24 Aug 2020, 13:59

Play Video

Close
  •  
  •  

STARVING pigs were allegedly forced to eat each other in a shocking catalogue of neglect at a 'high standards' Leicestershire farm.

Video footage filmed by animal rights campaigners appears to show pigs writhing in agony with their eyes rolling and farm workers brutally killing piglets.

Shocking footage allegedly recorded at Flat House Farm in Leicestershire shows dead and dying pigs
Shocking footage allegedly recorded at Flat House Farm in Leicestershire shows dead and dying pigs Credit: www.viva.org.uk/flat-house-pigs
Animal welfare campaigners say the animals resorted to cannibalism after being neglected
Animal welfare campaigners say the animals resorted to cannibalism after being neglected Credit: www.viva.org.uk/flat-house-pigs
Graphic footage appears to show pigs writhing in agony
Graphic footage appears to show pigs writhing in agonyCredit: www.viva.org.uk/flat-house-pigs

Animals which collapsed were gnawed on by other pigs driven to cannibalism by the neglect, it is claimed.

Undercover investigators from animal welfare group Viva! planted cameras at Flat House Farm in Lutterworth, Leicestershire, which is home to around 8,000 pigs, between March and July this year.

The farm produces meat carrying the Red Tractor logo - meaning it is ‘traceable, safe to eat and has been produced responsibly’.

The RSPCA has launched an investigation - but farm bosses say the video has been falsified.

The footage shows feral cats gnawing on the corpses and starving pigs with bones visible through their skin.

In one part of the footage, a farm worker is apparently seen ‘knocking’ young piglets – killing them by slamming their tiny heads onto the bars of their mother’s metal cage.

The worker filmed can be heard saying: “I f*****g hate doing this."

Now the Red Tractor organisation, the biggest food quality assurance scheme, said certification for the farm's products has been withdrawn.

Undercover investigators from animal welfare group Viva! planted cameras at Flat House Farm in Lutterworth, Leicestershire
Undercover investigators from animal welfare group Viva! planted cameras at Flat House Farm in Lutterworth, LeicestershireCredit: www.viva.org.uk/flat-house-pigs
The campaigners say workers at the farm mutilated and killed pigs
The campaigners say workers at the farm mutilated and killed pigsCredit: www.viva.org.uk/flat-house-pigs
Feral cats were recorded eating dead piglets in the grisly film
Feral cats were recorded eating dead piglets in the grisly filmCredit: www.viva.org.uk/flat-house-pigs
Products from the farm had Red Tractor certification - but the organisation says this has been removed
Products from the farm had Red Tractor certification - but the organisation says this has been removedCredit: www.viva.org.uk/flat-house-pigs
The RSPCA has launched an investigation
The RSPCA has launched an investigationCredit: www.viva.org.uk/flat-house-pigs

A spokesperson said: "We are appalled by the images.

"Red Tractor requires all members to meet every standard, every day, and take any breaches of these standards seriously.

"Last month we immediately launched an investigation and the farm's membership of the scheme has since been terminated."

Henry Smith, the Conservative MP for Crawley and co-chairman of the all-party parliamentary group for animal welfare, told the Daily Mail the footage "contains some of the most disturbing images I have ever seen".

"If this is the Red Tractor standard, then consumers are being misled," he said.

"We cannot allow farms like this to operate."

Campaigners at Viva! say they witnessed "appalling conditions" and the "systematic abuse of farmed pigs whose short lives are filled with nothing but misery and pain".

Juliet Gellatley of the organisation said: "Not only do factory farms raise serious welfare concerns, they also create an ideal environment for mutating viruses and antibiotic-resistant superbugs."

However, workers at Flat House Farm, which is owned by Elvidge Farms Ltd, say the RSPCA has already visited for a spot check and found there was "no case to answer".

A source said the video has been falsified by campaigners.

But a Viva! spokesperson said: "This response is simply an attempt to detract from the horrific conditions exposed.

This is all disgusting!

My cousin's husband was telling me that his friend saw a cow minutes about to be killed for food. There was a machine infront of the cow which looked terrifying and the cow was gonna go through it. When the cow looked at the machine thingy the poor animal had tears in its eyes. It was heartbreaking.

15 hours ago, Kaurr said:

This is all disgusting!

My cousin's husband was telling me that his friend saw a cow minutes about to be killed for food. There was a machine infront of the cow which looked terrifying and the cow was gonna go through it. When the cow looked at the machine thingy the poor animal had tears in its eyes. It was heartbreaking.

Animals have a strong survival instinct, they can sense it when they are in danger so it is no surprise that they cry when people take them to the machines to slaughter them.

Cows are very emotional animals, there was a video online of cows in India being lined by to slaughter on eid and all of them had tears coming down, they can sense that something bad is about to happen.