Lost & Loss of Motivation

Guest s.k.s.

Guest s.k.s.

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh. 

I've been on the path of Sikh for quite some years. I've lost all my sangat. With my sangat, the excitement and motivation to do amritvela also died. I still do it, but with extreme force and not everday. It feels like a drag so much so to th point where I can only manage to do one bani whenever I do amrit vela. 

I look at other people and they manage to get by so quickly in their sikhi. they get sangat so easily. they easily break maryada and yet they still are blessed with so much sikhi. 

My parents don't really want me getting too deep into sikhi hence why im not allowed to attend sikh events or even wear a dastaar. 

I've talked to people about this problem - watched videos even - nothing seems to get me going.

Not sure if this is a symptom of depression or something but with my sikhi being at a standtill, i'm terrified beyond words that this is it. That there is no moving past this and that I'll never have access to my sikhi again. 

I'm not even sure why im posting this... maybe one last call for help? 

idk ive run out of ideas and i feel my sikhi will eventually run out too. 

On 3/15/2020 at 2:21 AM, Guest s.k.s. said:

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh. 

I've been on the path of Sikh for quite some years. I've lost all my sangat. With my sangat, the excitement and motivation to do amritvela also died. I still do it, but with extreme force and not everday. It feels like a drag so much so to th point where I can only manage to do one bani whenever I do amrit vela. 

I look at other people and they manage to get by so quickly in their sikhi. they get sangat so easily. they easily break maryada and yet they still are blessed with so much sikhi. 

My parents don't really want me getting too deep into sikhi hence why im not allowed to attend sikh events or even wear a dastaar. 

I've talked to people about this problem - watched videos even - nothing seems to get me going.

Not sure if this is a symptom of depression or something but with my sikhi being at a standtill, i'm terrified beyond words that this is it. That there is no moving past this and that I'll never have access to my sikhi again. 

I'm not even sure why im posting this... maybe one last call for help? 

idk ive run out of ideas and i feel my sikhi will eventually run out too. 

some people have these moments in sikhi where they go on a stand still,  iv been having some person problems last few weeks and havent been involved in sikhi at all, i think personal problems start dragging your sikhi as well    at least with some people.  i actaully understand everything you've said.    after a while, and this period normally can last around a month!   i just get back on track again.

i think some people are able to grow in sikhi even more when going through personal problems while some just go on a stand still. with me i just give up on sikhi when there are problems.