Panjiri (boosts digestion & anti inflammatory)

40 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

Was shocked to know khas khas is considered mild narcotic but is used in panjiri . 

I've used it a bit in the past. I think it might be a very subtle relaxant, but it certainly isn't a 'narcotic' in comparison to what we commonly refer to with that label.  

Interestingly, you can fail opium/heroin tests if you've been on the old khas khas. lol But note that the dried husks of the poppy flower (aka bhukhee) is much more psychoactive/physiologically powerful than the seeds.  

6 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I've used it a bit in the past. I think it might be a very subtle relaxant, but it certainly isn't a 'narcotic' in comparison to what we commonly refer to with that label.  

Interestingly, you can fail opium/heroin tests if you've been on the old khas khas. lol But note that the dried husks of the poppy flower (aka bhukhee) is much more psychoactive/physiologically powerful than the seeds.  

bhukee is an altogether different thing though lol . its for baili people.

panjiri is not good for urban dwellers though unless you work out in gym. panjiri is good for old lifestyle wherein people ploughed their fields. its just too dense food

4 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

bhukee is an altogether different thing though lol . its for baili people.

panjiri is not good for urban dwellers though unless you work out in gym. panjiri is good for old lifestyle wherein people ploughed their fields. its just too dense food

Panjeeri is VERY nutritiously dense. Inactive people are probably not going to benefit from it.