What to do

Jedi_Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Sadhsangat ji I'm having a bit truble okay, well in my field i have to have the clean look meaning clean shaven look, I'm dealing with public and mostly gora people. Now my beard is pretty long and I have tucked it in and i right now volunteer at a daycare and the kids there are very messy and I've had things in my beard like paint, glue, food, and and have had numerous parents complain and are mad. Now my boss said he's losing business and i have to do sumthing....my parent's have advised me to cut my hair and then regrow it back once i get my own daycare...but growing back your hair will take ages and sumtimes doesn't grow back, and I don't want an typical regular punjabi culture life no.gif

any suggestions :T:

grin.gif :nihungsmile: :e:

If you are considering options you describe, your biggest problem is not the daycare. Gain a better understanding of why one might choose to be clean bearded otherwise any solution will be temporary.

People get food, paint, glue on their clothes, face, glasses and hair. But I've never heard of anyone suggesting wearing bathing suits, cosmetic surgery to reduce chins, shaving eyebrows, covering heads with dastars, or get laser eye surgery because their glasses get smudgy. I've also never heard anyone saying that they should grow a beard to avoid stuff directly on their face!

I don't intend to be sarcastic, but the usual remedies, mirrors, water, napkins and a bit of soap might help.

My response to your dirty shaven boss would be that he should stop chiseling his face every morning with a beard knife so he does not look so ridiculous with his face directly covered in various things. He should become clean bearded. And while he’s at it cover his damn head with a something dignified of his liking so he does not get all that mess in his hair. (I don’t suggest you say exactly this, but I think you get the point).

A practical suggestion, educate your boss

as to why you’re clean bearded. Tell him that you’d like to buy him a coffee or whatever. Make sure you are both sitting down. Make sure you listen more than you talk. Don’t rush to solve things, just use your patience to come across as his boss and father. Talk about other things also that are of interest to your boss at or outside the daycare so it makes it easier for him. Offer to educate the parents during your discussion. Be a keen volunteer. You want your own daycare, go to your library and read about child development at that age and read about daycares.

With respect to your own daycare, you will never feel like you have anything if you don't first have self respect. Learn about sikhi such that you understand it to the point where you would never consider taking a beard knife to your face.

BTW it’s very unique and encouraging to have two men working in a daycare. Where is this?

veerji,

tucking in your beard is not bad, but please i beg of you dont cut your hair and beard. it will be a big mistake. guruji will find you a good job have faith in him. the world has become soo foolish. people are scared and dont like bearded people. piercing in awkward places is ok for them, colouring hair in various fancy colours is cool. but the natural look is kinda out these days. i stay in moscow , russia. there are a very few sikhs here. you must see the look on the peoples face when they see me. they think i am a muslim because ofmy turban and beard. they call me names like taliban, mujahedin and bin-laden, they are scared of me, they think i am a terrorist. it is not very easy to live here, there are skinheads who hate coloured people. (by gods grace i have been saved a couple of times from them) it is unfashionable they say. but the truth is , before the revolution all people had beards here when peter-1 was the emperor he went to europe and saw that europeans shave and ordered all russians to shave. the russian padree's have to have beard even today (they follow orthodox christianity). their preists have beard but look !!! guruji has made all of us into priests, we are all reqiured to be saints, all of us should keep our beards! what a gift!! you are staying in a more civilized country. you have gurudwaras and libraries, you can go to punjabi classes , learn gatka, just imagine, i dont have all this here in russia. use this chance. all the best my brother

bhul chul maaf, i know very little.