Why Do you give Christmas Presents?

Guest rsingh

I actually agree with it, BUT

i.e here when we were young we were given presents, by other families (in our 'circle')

and our parents woudl give to their kids etc, and it wasn't really to celebrate St Nicolause (can't spell his name) birthday. Here theres a culture yeah that Gora give presents to each other, and they tend toa sk others, what did you get what did you get???

I know in our Circle the parents did it so that the kids don't feel left out and stuff like that, no biggie, but i mean now that we're a bit older, it's obviously hard to get ri dof it, but slowly slowly it's decreasing...

so I jus think that Sikh kids are already going through "hell" goign to school, people pulling their 'gutti' n stuff like that so, if they don't presents and everyone at school runs around askign what u gotm they prolly feel left out....

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

it happens everywhere, it is called assimilation...look at sikhs in india, you won't have to lookvery hard; the hindu holi festival and sikhs in delhi and other parts of india throwing colors at each other yelling, "holi hai!"

i had geography class like 5 years ago but i rembeber our profressor telling us that assimilation into the host culture is inevitable, to what degree the assimilation occurs varies on the peoples' steadfastness in their own culture and belief system. ah just another reason for a sikh homeland.