Two Sikh youth attacked by Muslims for asking them to wear masks or go home

4 hours ago, proactive said:

You are right but then again if there had been no Arya Samaj then the Singh Sabha might have just been a moderate Amritsar Singh Sabha type and they would probably have been fine with the Mahants controlling the Gurdwaras and hence no Akali Dal meaning no  strong opposition to Pakistan and then probably Sikhs ethnically cleansed from all of Punjab rather than just West Punjab. 

You make a good point. But reading Giani Ditt Singh jees writing in the form of his Niti Bachans, his articles, his translation of Shabads published by Dr Inderjeet Singh Gagoani, I noted how he wrote about Sikhism to make it less complicated and more easy to understand which was best suited to tackle new opponents in the current situation. He wrote to counter not just Arya Samajis but Sakhi Sarvars, Ahmadi movement, superstition etc. The problem with Amritsar Singh Sabha was they were not willing to let go non essential baggage such as the caste system, veneration of Guru Ansh(Bedis, Sodhis, Bhallas and Trehans).

Part of the Singh Sabha movement were Sant Attar Singh Mastuanewale who did massive parchar and brought lakhs of people into the fold of Sikhi. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh ji practically started liberating the Gurdwaras when he and his Jatha liberated Gurdwara Raqab Ganj, Singh Sabha Bhasaur did a lot of Parchar in Malwa. Their rivals the Cheif Khalsa Diwan under Bhai Vir Singh Ji also did a lot of Parchar all over Punjab and brought Punjabi language to a level rivaling Hindi and Urdu in sophistication and literature. I think It was these movements collectively that gave shape and direction to the Akali movement.

On PDL they have very old books dating from that time period. From that period you will find books written by Sikhs who counter Christianity, Arya Samaj. A very good book opposing the Hindi language written by Pandit Kartar Singh Dakha who proved the case of Punjabi language over Hindi.

I suspect Hindus , even Punjabi Hindus don't want any success of panthic sikhs in politics. So much so I wouldn't be surprised that they purposely sabotage efforts to create a panthic sikh party in punjab. 

The political subjugation ultimately is the means to religious subjugation.