THE SAINT SOLDIER - Uncovering the Bhai Maharaj Singh Story

puzzled

9 hours ago, Tamansingh123 said:

I have visited his gurudwara in singapore. before that i dint knew abt bhai sahib. 

Yeah he really isn't a well known figure in our community today. I saw a painting of him at a sikh empire exhibition painted by some gorah when bhai sahib was in jail thats how i found out about him. The fact that the british put a reward of 10,000 rupees on who even can capture bhai sahib despite the Sikh empire having already collapsed just shows how powerful he once was. Its sad how he got blind and was in pain in his later years, i guess the darkness of the prison ruined his eyesight. 

I'v also read how even though he was behind bars people would see glimpses of him outside the prison cell.  

Gurdwara/dera of Baba Bir Singh Naurangabad who was Bhai Sahibs teacher/guide, this is the place where bhai sahib would of spent a lot of time. Baba Bir Singh Naurangabad was another mahan saint soldier, very respected by the Sikhs, he was a soldier in Ranjit Singhs army but left the army and became a saint. He respected Ranjit Singh but really was not happy about how Sikhs were turning against each other in the empire and also the hindu influence after Ranjit Singh death After Sher things death the empire was pretty much ran by the dogras and many Sikhs including a big % of the Sikh army including Ranjit Singhs 2 remaining sons came and resided at Baba jis dera, but Hira Dogra along with the the Sandhwalias sent a force to baba jis dera and massacred everyone including baba ji. Sikhs including Bhai Sahib were furious that such a mahan and respected figure had been killed by the Dogras and soon after Sikhs killed Hira Dogra.