Read the Play for Yourself

jagjit_waheguru

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also as for gurpreet bhatti, her statement from yesterday says that she objects to sikh injustice and hypocrisy and this is the basis of behzti. clearly then, the play is not abstract fictional art but is based on her either experiencing or witnessing the injustice and hypocrisy of homosexuality, rape and suicide inside a gurdwara. is this really what she is claiming? if not then why does she insist on having the play set in the gurdwara? and why does the arts world keep on insisting that the play is merely fictitious/not a comment on the sikh community in general when clearly she is saying that it is?

Speaking from the point of view of a film student. She is really a bad writer and an ignorant one at that. This play sounds so put on just to create hate. I cant ever see anyone putting this into production for any sort of artistic reason, unless you had REALLY REALLY good actors. I havent read it all the way through and dont intend to, but the dialogue, in my professional opinion, is pretty stupid.

Speaking from the point of view of a film student. She is really a bad writer and an ignorant one at that. This play sounds so put on just to create hate. I cant ever see anyone putting this into production for any sort of artistic reason, unless you had REALLY REALLY good actors. I havent read it all the way through and dont intend to, but the dialogue, in my professional opinion, is pretty stupid.

Even really really good actors would not change the fact that the play is a load of rubbish. :wub: ))))