Motivational Support

Guest Kaur.

Gurfateh readers,

My routine has gone out the window lately and I would welcome some support, encouragement to get back on track. Is there anyone here with a good routine or someone who exercises and eats healthy on a regular basis? Would you mind sharing what you do? I would like to start working out again for physical and mental well being. I would like a consistent daily routine, recently I have felt down and found it hard to switch off before bed so been sleeping late. I have children so that means I only have limited time for myself and I do need to be disciplined. 

Look forward to your replies.

7 hours ago, Guest Kaur. said:

Gurfateh readers,

My routine has gone out the window lately and I would welcome some support, encouragement to get back on track. Is there anyone here with a good routine or someone who exercises and eats healthy on a regular basis? Would you mind sharing what you do? I would like to start working out again for physical and mental well being. I would like a consistent daily routine, recently I have felt down and found it hard to switch off before bed so been sleeping late. I have children so that means I only have limited time for myself and I do need to be disciplined. 

Whenever I go off track I just google motivational quotes. I don't know why but it helps a lot. 

For exercise, always have a regular time that you workout. I try to workout at 4pm everyday.

Also try telling yourself WHY you're doing what you're doing. Be stronger than your excuses. Good luck. ??

Loads of people got into bad routines. I started working late until 4am then sleep and wake up at 12. It’s because I really can’t work with noise at home, so I end up working into night when the house is peaceful.

I want to start exercise again too. I got paper and wrote out a timetable to follow, now I just need to try following it. I failed for last few weeks but I’m trying. This week I will try linking it to a reward if I follow my timetable I will reward myself with something on Friday - maybe a takeaway 

I think when your children return to school it will give you time for yourself? There’s  dedicated exercise time, but also just doing existing things in healthier way. For example walking to shops instead of driving? Try to do small steps like this, because a little bit of exercise will make you feel really positive. Then you will want to expand and do more dedicated exercise 

On 8/28/2020 at 5:11 PM, Guest Kaur. said:

Gurfateh readers,

I would suggest 9-5 work, 6-7 exercise, evening meditate/ Simran. I do simran basically all day. When I work I don’t do it, work is seva anyway. Sometimes you’ll go into samadhi for no reason, We’re always in 24/7 samadhi anyway because this world is a dream. 

I would suggest eating the general healthy foods, lots of greens, and cut your carbs down to roti twice a week and that’s it. Refined carbs are so bad for your health. If you do simran/meditate, you should cut out sugary drinks and caffeine.. it frustrates the system. For caffeine, cut down to one cup of tea a day and then just water if you can. The body is majority water so a lot of water intake is important. 

I try and go running at least three times a week, even for a little while, Cardio is so important, weights twice or three times a week when I’m being good, yoga most days even for 10 mins (it’s amazing for health and a miracle for stress, addictions etc) and Pilates when I feel like it. When I do weights I also do Stomach crunches. Also, laying on the floor and cycling your feet in the air for your lower stomach and also laying on the floor and leaning up for upper stomach is really good. 

If you have no motivation at all to exercise, try doing yoga for 10 Or 15 mins a day to start off with, it will make you feel more inclined to do more exercise, like as the first step. If you ever have days where you don’t even feel like getting out of bed, yoga is good in the morning too.

Your body is Yours and Gods Temple, respect for it is Important. Taking care of it is also an expression of loving and taking care of yourself, which is important in a world where there is currently a lot of hate, including self hatred. Love starts with you, God wants you to be happy.. He doesn’t want you to self destruct, you’re a miracle and a beautiful creation, created for a purpose and out of pure Love. We all are. 

Good luck ?

Thank you for the replies. I certainly agree with having set times. Realistically I’m going to have to work our early morning before the children wake up and I definitely need to go with something basic to start with otherwise I won’t be able to maintain it. I don’t like yoga but I’m sure i can find something.

i do need to sort my diet out. Thank you for the advice on food. 

Hi 

are you able to message me? I can send you a attachment of what I use to work out at the gym. It’s a programme.

that combined with protein porridge for breakfast, lunch a smoothy of kale spinach avacado banana scoop of protein shake, almond milk and a healthy dinner should work well.

Snacks can be fruit or Greek yogurt with honey almonds and blueberries.

I drop the kids to school and then go to the gym. I like working out in the morning. It makes me eat better for the day. If you struggle to get out then YouTube have some great videos, you could try insanity type of work infront of the tv of you can get YouTube on there.

Thank you Learning Kaur, I will message you. I managed to eat better today had porridge and fruit, dhal and roti...until the afternoon when I just gave up and had ice-cream and chocolate.

To the person that only eats roti twice a week - what do you have the other days for your main meals? 

I work full time, my children are under 5, only one will be going to school. Once I finish work it's back to looking after the children again, weekends are housework and looking after the children.... which is why I need to make changes to my daily routine. I want to have exercise, a set time for nitnem (even that is a struggle), a set wake up and bedtime and to do one thing for myself.

In all honesty, I am feeling incredibly down, on the verge of depression. I am in an unhappy marriage, and don't have a great support network, feel alone. I just need to get myself to a better place but finding that a daily struggle.  Has anyone else been there? How do I get myself out of this place?