Deepfake

puzzled

Not sure how long this has been around but I only came across this a few weeks back. It's basically "photoshopping" someone's face onto someone else's on a video and the end result is very realistic, quite scary actually. Channel 4 deepfaked the Queens speech yesterday and it reminded me how a few weeks back I read that Punjabi actress Mandy Thakar had a leaked p*rn video. Mandy denied it and said its been faked, yet everyone was convinced its real. Initially when i read the article I thought it must be real because how can you "fake" a leaked video, fake photo is believable, but fake video, no . Then it had been confirmed that it was a fake video and Mandy was gnna sue someone for it. I got curious and searched the video up! to see how people got confused between a real and fake video! and omg it looked just like Mandy giving someone or@l !   but it wasn't actually her, as her face had been photoshopped onto another womans face. So the video was real, but her face had been photoshopped onto the woman. It looked 99% real. The only thing which gave it away was a slight 1sec blur now and then near her mouth. You really can not tell that its fake. I feel sorry for the girl!

Only wrote this because it could happen to anyone! especially people active on social media. I'm guessing the Mandy Thakur video was made by some h*rny punjabi, or a rival actor/actress to defame her. 

Its scary how far technology has got, its taken Photoshop to a whole new level. Have no idea how it works, only read about it a few weeks back, but to think someone can just use some girls/boys image and Photoshop it onto a p*rn video or any video like that and it looks 100% real is scary stuff. Could happen to anyone's wife or sister. 

There is no difference between real and artificial now, you can't even tell the difference anymore. 

Makes you wonder what else have "they" got hidden away. 

For what we know the speeches of world leaders we see are just fake, photoshopped videos!  not even the real person. how we supposed to know. 

4 hours ago, puzzled said:

Not sure how long this has been around but I only came across this a few weeks back. It's basically "photoshopping" someone's face onto someone else's on a video and the end result is very realistic, quite scary actually. Channel 4 deepfaked the Queens speech yesterday and it reminded me how a few weeks back I read that Punjabi actress Mandy Thakar had a leaked p*rn video. Mandy denied it and said its been faked, yet everyone was convinced its real. Initially when i read the article I thought it must be real because how can you "fake" a leaked video, fake photo is believable, but fake video, no . Then it had been confirmed that it was a fake video and Mandy was gnna sue someone for it. I got curious and searched the video up! to see how people got confused between a real and fake video! and omg it looked just like Mandy giving someone or@l !   but it wasn't actually her, as her face had been photoshopped onto another womans face. So the video was real, but her face had been photoshopped onto the woman. It looked 99% real. The only thing which gave it away was a slight 1sec blur now and then near her mouth. You really can not tell that its fake. I feel sorry for the girl!

Only wrote this because it could happen to anyone! especially people active on social media. I'm guessing the Mandy Thakur video was made by some h*rny punjabi, or a rival actor/actress to defame her. 

Its scary how far technology has got, its taken Photoshop to a whole new level. Have no idea how it works, only read about it a few weeks back, but to think someone can just use some girls/boys image and Photoshop it onto a p*rn video or any video like that and it looks 100% real is scary stuff. Could happen to anyone's wife or sister. 

There is no difference between real and artificial now, you can't even tell the difference anymore. 

Makes you wonder what else have "they" got hidden away. 

For what we know the speeches of world leaders we see are just fake, photoshopped videos!  not even the real person. how we supposed to know. 

It is scary bro, and at the same time.. couldn't it just as easily become a defense? Like when fakes and real look the same what's fake and what's real any more?  So what's evidence?

19 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

It is scary bro, and at the same time.. couldn't it just as easily become a defense? Like when fakes and real look the same what's fake and what's real any more?  So what's evidence?

yeah, its scary because the line between reality and fantasy has become so blurred. What is even real anymore? everything is fake but presented as real. 

2 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Right bro. And with the same money backing all the groups and twisting the media and internet reality is becoming simply unverifiable. 

But people are welcoming this artificial reality. Like they are now doing holograms of celebrities that died decades ago and 100s of people turn up to these concerts. They made a hologram of Tupac and I think they did one of Whitney Houston and 100s of people got tickets. Nxt they will be making movies with actors who died 50 years ago. People themselves are welcoming this artificial reality, falling right for it, while the ones in power are probably cooking something up, something much bigger. 

18 minutes ago, puzzled said:

But people are welcoming this artificial reality. Like they are now doing holograms of celebrities that died decades ago and 100s of people turn up to these concerts. They made a hologram of Tupac and I think they did one of Whitney Houston and 100s of people got tickets. Nxt they will be making movies with actors who died 50 years ago. People themselves are welcoming this artificial reality, falling right for it, while the ones in power are probably cooking something up, something much bigger. 

VR is about to get so good people fall into it. 

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. 

On 12/26/2020 at 11:23 PM, GurjantGnostic said:

That was my immediate thought, too. My theory is this has been pushed into prominence by the usual suspects as a way of seeding doubt, so that if there are ever leaks of certain videos showing certain unspeakable acts involving prominent world personalities during certain initiation rituals, the media can cry, "It's a deepfake."