Duriing Asa Dee Vaar

Jedi_Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Dear Sangit ji, I have a question you know how during raensabyees or smaagams they do asa da vaar and when they do there's these things Salok's, Mehala Pala etc well my question is what are they and why are they fast and short and also I've noticed guys the men yell Pauree sumething sumething ..my other question is can women do that? can't they yell out Salok mehala 1, Paure, I've noticed mostly it's guys who do it why not girls?

Jedi Singh ji

unfortunately i don't have answer to your question but I also have question about Asa di Vaar........is Aarti part of Asa di Vaar or not?

I looked in one gutka and it has it included at the end of Asa di Vaar. I look in another gutka and its not there. We had Asa di Vaar program at gurdwara in the family and over there the bhai ji's didn't read the Aarti, so I'm not sure. and I'm wondering why they read "mittar pyare nu haal mureeda da kehna" somewhere in the middle of Asa di Vaar when thats not even part of it!

i think the reason why they do all the pauris and the shaloks as they do so because it is in raag, i think. and the reason why i say its in the raag is because even bhai balbir singh (ex hazoori raagi darbar sahib wale) sang in the same way. bani can be sung by anyone, therefore paji, if the men shout with great pyaar wehn they recite the pauris, the women are entitled to as well! but not everyone wants to sing in the same way, example bhai surinder singh jodhpuri now sings very slowly, unlike bhai raghbir singh he sings quite fast and does normally do shabad with tabla taal tintaal fast (as his finale). point being ji, each raagi has set their own standards, so perhaps maybe the women dont want to shout PAUREE. maybe they want to sing softly because...they just want to... again each jatha has set their own standards.

bhenji, in my gutka sahib, aarti is not in it. so as far as i no, its not in asa di //. remember aarti has to be sung after rehraas from what i heard in katha by gyani thakur singh. and as i am sure you can see, a big difference in when they should be sung (asa di // 3-6 time and aarti in the evening.)

gustaphi maaf

I've seen woman do it, just usually the guys voices are louder and even if they are sitting in the back their voices will carry, its harder for a ladies voice to carry as loud as a males.

pul chuk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

When Asa Di War is done, additional shabads are done during it. It depends on the person singing which shabads are done. Aarti is not a part of Asa Di War, although it may have been included by whomever that Gutka is by, just like additional shabads are sung during Asa Di War.

Originally since it is called 'Asa' di War and it is an early morning prayer, addiotnal shabads included would have been done in Asa Raag. But most people dont do Asa raag properly anymore. Asa is a raag exclusive to Sikhism, so its sad to see people not playing it anymore. I think some of the saloks and pauris are spoke out out rather than sang because they are not specified into a Raag.