Sikh experiences in the UK

Researchstudent

Dear all,

I hope you are well. I am currently a doctorial student looking to speak with our Sikh brothers and sisters who have moved from India to the UK. I am wanting to understand the experiences of sikhs who have migrated and how they have found this.

I would ideally like to talk to people over zoom, with some cha about their experiences.

Please see my poster below for more details. Do let me know if you have any questions.

Feel free to contact me on email: sidhus1@roehampton.ac.uk or here.

Thank you189488250_Flyerphoto.thumb.jpg.c4894a1f9bcff05778938b3ae86393b5.jpg

The recent Italian contingent are prime pickings for something like this, but I wonder if they'll let their guard down enough to give you an entirely balanced and honest view of their experiences.

Their well-being is first-rate considering they're able to claim any and all benefits under the sun in addition to the wages they earn from their jobs, but they won't tell you this, instead choosing to present a hard-luck story. Some are scamming the system; again, they aren't going to reveal any of this to an outside party. ?

By all means conduct your questionnaire, but bear in mind the responses and data might not be entirely objective. If you're looking to push a particular narrative about the "struggles" of the contemporary Sikh migrant, then you can massage the data into any form you desire. If, however, you want the actual, cold, unvarnished truth, you'll have to be clever and do some digging.