18 incher

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

hmm.. people have pics of george washington.. you hear stories about his wooden teeth.. or things about how napolean was some short guy.. thats historical stuff..

but when thinking about what our own guru sahib, king of the universe looked like, its manmat?! come on!!!

Guru sahib is everything.. i want to know what every hair on his head and every particle of dust on his feet looked like!!!

These are things we should know, if not for religious value, at least historical value...

Guru gobind Singh Jee wore an akali nihung bunga which had 7 chakars as per my knowledge. Wearing large damallas with metal inside tied in a specific way not only makes your damalla bullet proof like a helmet, but is also our tradition.

I agree with MKhalsa veerji 110%!!! ^_^

If we look at the lives of brahamgyanis, like Sant Baba Nand Singh ji maharaj, Sant baba Isher Singh ji, and many sants, and mahapurkhs, they had pure bani and simple bana, don't you think they were Guru ji's children as well.

I'm sorry for saying its manmat, because its not!! I just want to emphasize what our Gurus taught and gave more focus on gurbani, and gettting intuned with Waheguru ji!!

well said MKhalsa!

I don't understand how Khalsa got the feeling that someone is putting more emphasis on Baana than Baani. Raz just asked a simple question about Baana, that's all. What's wrong in knowing how your father looked like?

Asking a question about Baana doesn't mean you just care about Baana and not about Baani.

WaahegurooJeeKaaKhalsaaWaahegurooJeeKeeFathe!!!!!!

I thought I would add to this thread by mentioning that i've heard in katha on more than one occasion that Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee was described to sujaa a dumalaa five hand's high - in desi calculations that's known as panj gitth, with many many shastaars sujaa'd on their dumalla...

Being a generation brought up with many pictorial depictions, it is very hard for us to imagine this roop of Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee. No artist can capture the beauty of our Guru Sahib's..their depictions don't even come close..as beautiful as the 'art' may seem.

Personally, I dont think there is anything wrong in wanting to know what our Guru Sahib's looked like in their physical form, like the above premee's have indicated. I would much rather look at their libhaas and model my own from it than anyone else's.

Please forgive me for my many mistakes.

paaras kaur

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

sorry for that question then .. . . . but what i meant was that, did he tye it bcoz it protected his dasam dwar or wat? . i dnt see wats manmat about tht. well i guess its my fault really :D ... . . i didnt explain myself properly :D

sorry for the trouble ppl.

raz :nihungsmile: :g

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

sorry for that question then .. . . . but what i meant was that, did he tye it bcoz it protected his dasam dwar or wat? . i dnt see wats manmat about tht. well i guess its my fault really :D ... . . i didnt explain myself properly :D

sorry for the trouble ppl.

raz :nihungsmile: :g

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

NO JEE ur not faulty u just asked a simple question how did my father look

answer--- the most beautiful thing in world is fiki tastless near our father rolleyes.gif he is so handsome :D