The Sikh Federation (UK)

Jeevan

WJKK

WJKF

Who does the represent exactly?

Does the Sikh Federation (UK) represent ALL Sikhs i.e. Amritdharis, Kesdhari, Sahajdhari, Kesdhari, Patit, Ramgharias, Ravidasi, Balmiki, Ramdasia, Mazhbis, Bhatras, etc.?

What procedures have the the Sikh Federation (UK) put in place so that ALL Sikhs in the UK could be represented fairly and equally by them.

Your thoughts and views please.

ohmy.gif

i dont believe theres a such thing as being tooo noisey.........however it does matter wut type of noise it is............also being passive about it is not going to lead us anywhere.......it hasnt in the past 20 years atleast

I agree with this view although nows it gathering up to nearly 21 years which is a heck of a lot of time.

Only Waheguru knows when justice will be served and Khalistan will be made.

Fateh

WJKK

WJKF

Who does the represent exactly?

Does the Sikh Federation (UK) represent ALL Sikhs i.e. Amritdharis, Kesdhari, Sahajdhari, Kesdhari, Patit, Ramgharias, Ravidasi, Balmiki, Ramdasia, Mazhbis, Bhatras, etc.?

What procedures have the  the Sikh Federation (UK)  put in place so that ALL Sikhs in the UK could be represented fairly and equally by them.

Your thoughts and views please.

ohmy.gif

No they dont represent everyone just a small minority. This is shown by the actual number of members they have and the small numbers who attend their annual convention where very little is actually discussed. They are a marginal organisation with no real backing.

Rather like the Dal Khalsa and SAD headed by SS Mann.

Gurfateh ji.

Sikh Federation (UK) is a non-governmental organisation, but to discharge its duties as an effective pressure group it is also registered with the Electoral Commission as the first ever Sikh political party in the United Kingdom.

SF (UK) is based on the "miri-piri" principle the Sikh principle that temporal and spiritual goals are indivisible.

The organisation was established in September 2003 with the aim of giving Sikhs a stronger political voice by taking an increasing interest in mainstream politics in the UK.

The Sikh Federation will also provide the Sikhs with a much needed voice at an international level and will be seeking consultative status with the United Nations at the earliest opportunity.

Sikh federation does not represent all Sikhs wordwide, of course not, but is highly representational - this is shown, contrary to what Stopsingh veer ji says, with the amount of members the Federation have, the numbers that turn up the annual convention and other organised events (lobby day)

Sikh Federation is at the end of the day a jathebandi committed to furthering issues affecting Sikhs outside and inside India.

Personally, I feel the Federation do a lot of seva in making people aware of the plight of Sikhs - this includes making noise about issues such as Khalistan - a lot of noise does need to be made...

However, I will also agree with Bhai Amrik Singh, Chairman of Sikh Fed - he says that the Federation is not the only jathebandi doing this sort of seva for the panth and that we should all join where we feel comfortable (provided they work for truth and righteousness) and commit ourselves to furthering our causes - as a gr

oup we are louder than individuals...

Just what I think.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Agree with YSL, singh shiromani and others- at the end of the day the Sikh Federation (UK) do a lot of sewa and sikhs throughout the UK and even abroad benefit as a result. There are a lot of legal and political issues affecting the Sikhs and we need pressure groups and organisations to make a stand for our community.

Empty pitchers vibrate loudest- It's easy to criticise but difficult to actually take a stand yourself and do sewa to benefit the community