langar before parshadh

Deg_Teg_Fateh

Perhaps they have ardaas earlier in the morning for the langar, before the official ardaas? (Do I make any sense whatsoever there?). Also, is it not the case that at the time of Si Guru Amardass Ji, that before anyone could enter the divan to meet with him, they first had to eat langar? This would suggest it would be ok, wouldn't it? I do not know- :wub: :@ Thanks- I think youv'e confused me too!!

Sat Sri Akal:

Historically, anyone wishing the Darshan of the Guru Sahiban had to go eat Langar first and then was granted the Darshan of the Guru.

There are two current systems of Langar, and sometimes, they are dependent on the traffic in the Gurudwara. One system is the continuous Langar, often seen at the large major Gurudwaras such as Harmandir Sahib, Amritsar. The other system is Langar is served at the end of the Diwan after Ardaas. To this date, both seem acceptable as no Gurmatta or Hukamnama has been passed against or for either system. This is also dependent on sewadaar availability.

Forgive my ignorance, but I believe it was Guru Amar Daas ji who advised the sikh's of their time that they cannot have darshan of sangat until they have sat in pangat (sitting on the floor and eating langar) - I've been told that this so your mind, when once in Guru Sahib's sangat will stay focused on Maharaj.

Bhul Chuk Maaf