Digitally Animated Movies on Guru Ji

singh_khalsa

Fateh,

A couple of us were talking about digitally animated movies and if we can use this to help teach our youth of today about our Guru's.

We know that no one person is allowed to play the part of ne of our Guru Sahibs however, would it be wrong to create a digitally animated person in the form of our Guru's?

This topic came up after we went to watch one of the documentaries on the chote sahibzade, and we realized that none of the younger kids could follow what was happening.

Again the question is would it be wrong to create our Guru ji's or the 4 Sahibzade or 5 pyare as digital images (characters), as presently they use pictures instead.....

Thanks for your help sangat ji

Fateh

Fateh,

A couple of us were talking about digitally animated movies and if we can use this to help teach our youth of today about our Guru's.

We know that no one person is allowed to play the part of ne of our Guru Sahibs however, would it be wrong to create a digitally animated person in the form of our Guru's?

This topic came up after we went to watch one of the documentaries on the chote sahibzade, and we realized that none of the younger kids could follow what was happening.

Again the question is would it be wrong to create our Guru ji's or the 4 Sahibzade or 5 pyare as digital images (characters), as presently they use pictures instead.....

Thanks for your help sangat ji

Fateh

... See nothing would be wrong with that in my opinion.. excellent idea..

... but still i think most of the arguments will aris eon ...

... what guru ji says... what he would reli say... what he would do ... and overal.. who is doing guru sahibs voice .... grin.gif

but jio it is a wonderful idea.. sometimes i do think it has to be done wit good intentions so we can get the youth more involved and we can teach them properly...

just my two cents..

bhul chuk maph!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I am not sure about what is right but I won't prefer to have guru sahib picture in even animated movie but yeah movies on shaheed singhs, singhnees, sahibjaadey, panj pyaare is a good way of preaching young kids about history.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I would say it’s a slippery slope.

I don’t think our little budget movies have a very big impact to begin with ( not meant to offend those that attempt them).

In the end, the best way to learn about our Gurbani and History is from

a) Katha vaachaks ( Punjabi or English)

b) Books specifically catered to specific age groups

Movies /plays/cartoons do have an impact, just not on the scale we might believe.

Plus, we don’t have the creative resources to make anything capable of leaving an impact.

Just stick to the painting slideshows if you want to.

I still think Katha is the most effective way to teach Gurbani and history. We just need to concentrate on making Katha in English, that’s all.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

pyario this is a great idea. but movies are one this but sakhia are the best. nothing beats some one with pyar for sikhi teling u a story about there beloved guru and his beloved sikhs. what might be easy r then vid too is flash vid u can make sakhi from em and there not to bad. that and alot of ppl know how to use flash and can probably create amazing things. but this is a important seva bro, need to educate the the younger childern. more are joining the manmukh side then the gursikh side.and theres to many manmukhs like me out there need more gusikhs like u pyario.

GuruJi Wants U!

Join the Khalsa Fauj Now!

pyario forgive this murak for his murakhtahi.

bhul chuk mar karo

i dont think anything wrong in it.

it is one of the most neccessary things for parchaar. but no one realises.

the kids and even adults will know our history better with this media.

As kids are always watching cartoon network, they too will watch sikhi animation with same interest.

Yes no one can take gurujis place in movies , so , this animation is the alternative if we want fast parchhar of sikhi , fast parchaar is need of time.

this is the best idea if some one can materialise it.

so take guru sahebs blessings and start at once. ^_^^_^

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa !

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh !!

Its better to concentrate on movies of Chardi Kala Saheeds & their lives in a more professional way ....

first help Sikhs to come out of the hindutva mindsets and thinking instead of further creating more controversies and confusions

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa !

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh !!

Fateh,

We dont mean to create controversy, and Making movies about shaheeds is a great idea, but to teach our youth the basics i think we need to teach them first about our Gurus.

Like I said, when we went to watch the video there were many children who were eager to learn about the chote sahibzade, however, the wording of the movie was hard for them to understand, there were many people shown in the movie who the older generations recognized because they had heard sakhi's but not the younger generations. And i know that hearing kathea is the best way to learn, however, its hard for younger children to understand sometimes. I had three of four kids around me, whenever a scene changed they looked up at me and I had to explain to them what just happened, near the end they just got tired....

I would really like to start working on this, Hopefully some time in Feb, if there is someone who would like to help please let me know.