Baba Deep Singh

DhadiMania

Hi guys,

From what I understand, Baba Deep Singh was more then just an avid warrior, but was actually very intellectual and a scholarly man. He was fluent in both Farsi and Arabic, now besides all this, I understand that he had written a version of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib in one of those 2 languages for Sikhs in the Middle East, is there an existing copy remaining?

Also, I read about how the Gurdwara in Iraq was not allowed to have langar because of the Iraqi regime, hope that changes.

Guest Akaal108
Hi guys,

From what I understand, Baba Deep Singh was more then just an avid warrior, but was actually very intellectual and a scholarly man. He was fluent in both Farsi and Arabic, now besides all this, I understand that he had written a version of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib in one of those 2 languages for Sikhs in the Middle East, is there an existing copy remaining?

Also, I read about how the Gurdwara in Iraq was not allowed to have langar because of the Iraqi regime, hope that changes.

Most important part you forgot to add which was.

He did bhagti for 52 yrs..! ^_^ and then picked up an sword to fight trayanny ...true example of Saint first and then Soldier.

waheguru ji ka khalsa,

waheguru ji ki fateh

amar khalsa shaheed baba deep singh jee did scribe at least two suroops of guru granth sahib ji

i am not sure what language they were scribed in, whether gurmukhi, farsi or arabic.

it is true that baba jee was not just a warrior but a saint, scholar, soldier, servant - and an all round role model gursikh

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh