MTV The Fab 40

H4RPAL

I was just watching " The Fab 40 " on MTV today (Saturday 15, 13:00, MTV)

Its a show that Explores the lives of well-known celebrities.

There was an item on the show reagrding celebrity harir styles, and how celebrities buy the hair of <admin-profanity filter activated> brides shorn off before marriage ceremonies in India. They then went on to say such hair is purchased by stylists from sacred temples, a6t which point they put up a picture oif Harmindar Sahib on the screen- now thats misrepresentation for you!

Maybe they should do a little research before they run off making TV programmes!

.. it's MTV guys, come on...nobody looks to MTV for their cues on Sikhism.

I haven't tuned into MTV for ages. What is this show "Fab 40"?

You can just sit back....and let them show this crap.....but other people who care about sikhi being misrepresented like this will take a stand!!!......any luck finding the contact details btw? grin.gif

I guess they probably wanted to show the most famous "temple" of India. But the idiots don't know jack about our faith.

I suggest we send them a polite letter idicating that Sikhs don't cut their hair, and cutting hair in places of worship is beyond imagination.

It's like having a program on the pork industry and flashing a picture of the kaaba.

"

.. it's MTV guys, come on...nobody looks to MTV for their cues on Sikhism.

I haven't tuned into MTV for ages. What is this show "Fab 40"? "

In refrence to the above quote, we should remember tah a certain demographic ion society watch nearly nothing but MTV, and thus would base a substantial part of their opinions in all spheres of life from the content of what is said on that channel ! ( maybe i'm being a little sarcastic here, but not too much!)

I was watching with a friend of mine, one who is born into a Sikh family, and he asked me whether this was true (just imagine the look on my face as I put him straight)- so BELIEVE ME it does have an effect on people. If it can confuse Sikhs, what do you think it will do the general populus?