Need information/perspective/advice from people more familiar with modern Punjab than I am.

I hope that I can talk to some of you who are more familiar than I am with modern Punjab and its culture. This does not have to do with the other threads I made about land or traveling.

It is a more personal matter, so it would be best discussed via private messages.

If any of you are kind of enough to take the time, please let me know.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, californiasardar1 said:

I hope that I can talk to some of you who are more familiar than I am with modern Punjab and its culture.

I don't know much about it (other than from my interactions with various freshies at various jobs) , but I think the 'culture' <cough, cough> emanating from there these days is quite telling......

Putt Jatt Da Song Download: Diljit Dosanjh Putt Jatt Da MP3 Punjabi Song  Online Free on Gaana.com

Someone should have cleaned up the above fudhoo along with moosewala. 

4 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I don't know much about it (other than from my interactions with various freshies at various jobs) , but I think the 'culture' <cough, cough> emanating from there these days is quite telling......

Putt Jatt Da Song Download: Diljit Dosanjh Putt Jatt Da MP3 Punjabi Song  Online Free on Gaana.com

Someone should have cleaned up the above fudhoo along with moosewala. 

Believe me, I've spent much of my life with the goal of completely avoiding Punjabis (and your post partially explains why).

But alas, I am stuck with them in some sense ...

24 minutes ago, californiasardar1 said:

Believe me, I've spent much of my life with the goal of completely avoiding Punjabis (and your post partially explains why).

But alas, I am stuck with them in some sense ...

To be fair, it can be okay sometimes at work, but only in the tiniest doses. They say 'familiarity breeds contempt'. These people almost invariably start trying to take you for a fool once they feel comfortable. It's second nature to these twats. 

Just be sharp. 

They have a perception that western raised apnay are suckers - be aware of that. They also get off on duping people. It's what we used to call being 'snide' in London i.e. fake.    

I think our lot are constantly stuck in survival mode - and causal factors for this (given our ithihaas and what passes for Panjabi 'culture') aren't too complicated to grasp. 

That being said, I hope you have some fun out there, and enjoy yourself to some extent. I would've said enjoy the weather  - but you probably get the best weather all year round in Cali anyway?