Need help from sangat in dealing with this issue related to personal life

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I got married recently, which was an arranged marriage through a common sangat of gursikhs.

Few days into marriage I came to know that my spouse is sufffering from psychosis which was not revealed to me before marriage. It was a major setback for me that a gursikh amritdhari family would do a treacherous act like this. The condition is of such a severity that it impacts all spheres of my life including spiritual. As family not willing for proper approved treatment of the condition.

I have following questions related to my current situation

1. If we have done lavaan and parkash of GURU maharaj was there , is it justified to proceed towards seperation keeping in mind their intention of not revealing the problem beforehand.

2. If I think of seperation it is difficult for me to proof that it was present before marriage in court as Indian law favors female in marital cases

3. If I have to accept this as my fate how to deal with this situation

• 4 weeks later...
Guest experienced

fateh. if you have no children, then get out of that relationship as soon as possible! you'll just regret every moment with her. You'll lose your Sikhi and your life will become hell. 

if they never told you about her condition, then what else haven't they told you? 

I'm telling you from experience and a very similar issue. Time won't heal this situation, it will just make it worse.

Just get out while you can. 

Guest :/guest

Um do you want to spend your whole life like this now?

Don't listen to your family, you both are adults why the hell do you let others rule about your marriage.

I know Punjabi parents are like this, but you have a serious issue.

She really should get a treatment. Otherwise you both will definitely suffer.

Yes, that gursikh family really done wrong, with not telling you about that issue. I understand that you're more than frustrated.

Do one ardaas to Pyaare Vaheguru Ji.

And if you really want to get divorced, do it, no one can force you to do anything. Take a hukamnama from satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. 

Also, the therapy would be for your wife NOT for your family, the family has no right to decide anything. Is your wife able to make clear decisions for herself.

That's all I would say.

Don't think twice that everyone is mentally sound in today's day and age. We are a little crazy. Psychosis is just a word to describe a person's mental well being. 

Some are fortunate than others while others will have to struggle. Its Waheguru Ji's hukam you can say. 

Be thankful you found someone to settle down with. Learn from that person and you will probably be surprised. 

On 6/23/2023 at 11:54 PM, Guest Guest said:

1. If we have done lavaan and parkash of GURU maharaj was there , is it justified to proceed towards seperation keeping in mind their intention of not revealing the problem beforehand.

Separation in the sense of her going to her parents house and just separating so that you can both think about things is not the same thing as divorce.

It's hard for me to answer your questions #2 and #3.