RIP ... Singh took his own life...Waheguru

Kau89r8

10 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

I think regardless gender there are women who take their lives while having families, new-borns etc. I've been there.. its a black hole..

But you make a point for Singhs /males in general ...

i think every soul is dukhi one way or another

Being true to yourself and who you are will always be difficult. We have our Guru to lead us the way.

Your correct every soul is dukhi but we tend forget we are blessed. 

On 8/14/2023 at 2:47 AM, realist17 said:

Being true to yourself and who you are will always be difficult. We have our Guru to lead us the way.

Your correct every soul is dukhi but we tend forget we are blessed. 

i know i understand this sentiment but at the same time this mentality just because others have it worse so I cant be depressed is wrong.

What if you grew up in difficult surrounding/family. What if you were abused/hurt/betrayed ? You lose faith have little hope can go into downward spiral because you thought by praying everything will disappear. All problems will be solved it doesn't.

On 8/16/2023 at 8:26 AM, Kau89r8 said:

i know i understand this sentiment but at the same time this mentality just because others have it worse so I cant be depressed is wrong.

What if you grew up in difficult surrounding/family. What if you were abused/hurt/betrayed ? You lose faith have little hope can go into downward spiral because you thought by praying everything will disappear. All problems will be solved it doesn't.

You have to have some self will too. Praying doesn't simply solve your problems. 

Our Guru's gifted us with Naam for support. Now it's up to us on how we are going to use it as support. 

In my opinion I don't think any ordinary person can conquer their minds. We try to be perfect but at the same time we tend to forget we are human.

And of course letting go of the past in not easy. But remember this is the challenge-to remain in the present. 

So do your thing. No pressure.