PLEASE ALL READ

If you think it's fishy, then please visit the website

http://www.new7wonders.com/

The Former Head of UNESCO is one of the shortlisting judges. At the moment the Taj Mahal is on top spot for winning. It's upto you all entirely whether or not you want to vote. All i'm sayng is don't let an opportunity such as this be taken.

If you look at the media centre on the website, the new 7 wonders project was launched at the Olympic Games in Athens. It then went onto India and the Taj Mahal, where Ashwaria Rai confirmed the Taj Mahal as one of the nominated wonders of the world.

Media interviews and press coverage is available on www.new7wonders.com

Please take some time to look at this site, however use the link provided to vote.

http://www.n7w.com/vote/ambassador/4393

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you please ammend your quote where you state it only costs 0.5 pence- this may give the impression that you are deliberately trying to mislead people, as the term 0.5 GBP which is used on the site is rarely used normally. I do not personally feel you are at all trying to deliberately mislead anyone, but the discrepancies in the amounts may lead to such an impression being given- I originally had my doubts about the whole thing, but having taken your advice and raed the site, withdraw such doubts from this topic.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

hey what are you all moaning for??? it's only money I mean how many of you can't spare $1 / 50p to get our Siri Harimandir Sahib known to the world as the 7th wonder of the World it's a chance to get noticed and more people will now that Sikhs exsist. Some people still have nevered heard of Sikhism. So it's time we shown them who we are and what we are about starting with Siri Harimandir Sahib!!!!!

Inder Kaur

Bhulla Chuka Maff Karna

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Yes Inder penji, agreed. but i think the concern we should ALL have is of the implications the result would have. We dont want Harimandir Sahib turning into some sort of museum. Even if Harimandir Sahib wasnt internationally recognised as much as it is now... i wud still go there. Wouldnt you? Isnt that want counts - rather than showing the world "yeh man, we are Sikhs and we have this n that!"?

Yes, Sikhi is for the world. We dont need to compete with other world religions to the extent we have to put our most sacred shrines on display. Siikhi is unique. Dont give into the western media and external organisations who want to turn Sikhi into Sikhism. Its Sikhi. Pure n simple.

Consider the implications and dont take a risk when it comes to such issues.

I totally agree with you Aman bhaji but still I think there should atleast be something that Sikh's should get recognition by. we can't say dastar cus other religions where the turban that's why I thought it would be a good idea to show the world something we respect so much.

Im sorry bhenjio and veerjio.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Guest noonespecial

as far as I'm concerned, Harmandir Sahib is already tops on my own personal list. #1

I don't think the Panth needs any "organization" to classify Darbar Sahib as being one of the seven wonders of the world.

Let's face it, Darbar Sahib means MUCH more to the Panth than to be "downgraded" to being called one of the wonders of the world. Let's say that we all voted for Harmandir Sahib and they picked it...then what? Harmandir Sahib is mentioned in the same sentence as the Statue of Liberty? The Eiffel Tower? pssssssssshhh, please!

what's next? Tourist buses going to Harmandir Sahib filled with Japanese tourists taking pictures? Harmandir Sahib T-Shirts?

Veerji, I understand that you would like the world to recognize the beauty of Harmandir Sahib, but at what cost? Personally, I think that something like this will only lead to the commercialization of Harmandir Sahib which DISRESPECTS what it is.

Brothers & Sisters I've havn't intentionally mislead you about the cost of the call. I failed to realise that my message stated 0.5p rather than 0.50p. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Brother & Sisters, I don't wish us all to have an arguement over whether or not we should vote and the implications. If you feel you would like to vote, then please do, else it's upto you, as i've stated in previous messages.

Let's all do what we can for Sikhi and the image of Sikhs. Maharaj Ji Sabna Te Kirpa Karan.

I'm a moorak and a servant of the Lord. I ask the Good Lord to direct me, and allow me to do whatever seva I can for the Khalsa Panth.

Bhull Chuk Di Khema Karni

Ap Ji De Charna Da Nimana Nitana Gursikh

I think we should applaud the efforts of Guru Ji De Panth Da Sevadar, and should do our best to offer support in this seva. Despite my earlier criticisms, I feel we should support this attmept, as it would further help the Sikh cause, especially in these times where Sikhi is internally and externally under attack, and the Sikhi Saroop is under attack. We should do our best to present people with the reality of who Sikhs are, and what they believe. If Sri Harmandar Sahib was to be given this (useless, false, but significant to non-sikhs) title, it would indeed put the panth forward in a good light. Hoewever the reasons against this argument are also very valid, and I can see how this would be seen as degrading by some, and thus this is truly a case where personal choice is the most significant thing.

I personally feel; after examining both sides of the argument, I will be placing a vote.

Also, in response to Inder 84- the moans were not about the actual cost, but the error in the earlier mesage that gave the incorrect cost. Thankfully that matter has ow been resolved by "Guru Ji De Panth Da Sevadar".