Religious profiling

Mahavir

At first I couldn't believe it, who is stupid enough to refer to a criminal by his so-called religious affiliation.

Last time I checked, no one mentioned what Willy Pictins religion is, he's just called the hog farmer who killed prostitutes, I've never heard anyone call him the christian hog farmer.

Below is the link to a story which so brazingly states "Times have changed since a Sikh named Bindy Johal, a notorious criminal who was killed in a gangland shooting in 1998,".

Why the hell does anyone need to know what Bindy Johal's religion is, or even if he professed a faith.

This is yellow journalism. Is there anyway we can address this with Van Sun? I want to go legal on their a****

http://www.canada.com/vancouver/vancouvers...fd-3d01dda79a64

Sup Mahavir,

CBC is pretty bias to Sikhs as well, I dunno what the actual incident was, but it was something violence related...and the reporter who was PUNJABI herself, also kept mentioning about how Sikhism is a relegion of violence and its imbedded in our beliefs blah blah, I was laughing pretty hard cuz she was wearing a kharra herself :\

Sup Mahavir,

CBC is pretty bias to Sikhs as well, I dunno what the actual incident was, but it was something violence related...and the reporter who was PUNJABI herself, also kept mentioning about how Sikhism is a relegion of violence and its imbedded in our beliefs blah blah, I was laughing pretty hard cuz she was wearing a kharra herself :\

That might be Renu Bakhsi. She's a Punjabi Hindu girl who wrote a pretty disgracefull article for MAcleans in which she linked Sikhism with the gang violence in Vancouver.

We need to watch out for these types and formulate a media response team which can effectively challenge this bias in a legal manner.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Im not sure if you've heard of Professor Udhai Singh, he was the one who wrote a letter to the Akal Thakhat recently about gay marriages and about the Sikh members in parliment and how they plan to vote. If you can get in touch with him and bring this to his attention, im sure you will be able to do something. He lives in the Malton region I believe in Ontario.

pul chuk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Yes! Professor Uday Singh has been an activist since the 60's for all sorts of issues. It is because of him that most of the Toronto Gurdwarrai are not privately owned and run(although they seem to be). He has a long record of assisting people legally and otherwise. Its sad that no one supports this Panth Rattan.

Something like the SMART needs to be set up here in Canada. I was talking to Bhai Parminder Singh Jee a few weeks before he passed away, and he told me about his plan to have one handbook for everything sikhi related for western journalists before they covered a story on “Sikhs.” I think he started that, if he did then it must be completed. For the past few years something big comes up and there is no one to stand up for us. The WSO has done a good job in the past, but now it seems that they too are asleep.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!