Hair Removal Ad's On Sikh/Panjab Radio

Guest rsingh

I dont know about u but these adds are really pissing me of, sorry for using such strong language, but they really are, Its all these so called Sikh/Panjabi Radio's

1 min they do gurbani programs and next in there bhangra programs they put these adverts which I find offensive. The way they advertise in conversations and stuff they say to advertise is even more offensive.

I think we should do something about this, call complaing, email, petition get all of them to change!

UK Sikh/Panjabi Radio's need to take responsability especially if they are Broadcasting gurmat / GUrbani Programs!

What the hell is going on about this is some thing going on about problem. Panjab radio is a waste of time one time they Are protmoting Sikhi then they are promoting Punjabi Lifestyle.

We need to stop this, last time they had Kala Afganha on the show. Can we all get together and stop this. Does any one know they Contact information. Please we need to do some thing.

I would although say that panjab radio has done alot that others havent, for example matramonial programs there where complaints and panjab radio took it offair

this is due to them refering to people as sagdharhi sikhs, prefers clean shaven, and all this that still happens on many stations such as sukhsagar.

I think we need to do a general campaighn against all radio stations to insure GUrbani, and they dont mix in filth.

What to do then, I just listen to Amritbani, I find is a wicked station. Panjab Radio should be closed.Have a SIKHI radio station or a Punjabi Radio Station they should make they mind up or close the thing down.

One second they put on Sant jee Speech then then its some punjabi song. Then they say we should listen to Sant jee. Maybe they should listen first.

What to do then, I just listen to Amritbani, I find is a wicked station. Panjab Radio should be closed.Have a SIKHI radio station or a Punjabi Radio Station they should make they mind up or close the thing down.

One second they put on Sant jee Speech then then its some punjabi song. Then they say we should listen to Sant jee. Maybe they should listen first.

Remember tha it's the manegment tha needs to be contacted not the presenters themselves - they are doing all they can to get rid of it

Until one of my 'Pareh likhe' bhen/bhra write a professional letter, I've made a tempalte which can be sent to them from here -

Fax: 08700 273 880 - overseas callers dial +44 8700 273 880

info@panjabradio.co.uk

http://panjabradio.co.uk/contact.htm

Dearest Madam/Sir

I would like to begin by thanking Panjab Radio and its presenters for their amazing seva of doing Sikhi parchar,

With the Sweet Sikhi shows, Chardikala Gurbani programs in the morning and evening.

However it has been brought to my attention that Panjab Radio has recently begun broadcasting adver

tisements of beauty parlour, including the statements –

“where has your moustaches gone”?

This advertisement is EXTREMELY offensive to the Sikh community and I urge you to remove it immediately.  One moment it is discouraged to remove hair another moment it is encouraged!

Panjabs Radio needs to take responsibility especially if they are Broadcasting Gurmat / Gurbani Programs!

I urge you for an immediate removal of the advertisement  and an official public apology to the Sikh Community for this great disrespect, hurt and upset you have caused by not considering the feelings and the sanctity of the Sikh faith.

Yours Faithfully

<<< Your name and email >>>

I REQUEST EVERYONE TO WRITE A LETTER IN A CIVILIZED MANNER OR USE THE ABOVE ATTACHED TEMPLATE. It s a REQUEST a BENTI from your humble brother tha you do NOT WRITE a letter including offensive and vulgar language

PLEASE ^_^

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Guru Piaari Sadh Sangat Jio,

Wednesday evening I heard the permanent hair removal ad on the radio and everytime they played it (5 times in 60 min) I felt so much dukh. The programmes was promoting sikhi, then there is no place for such ads.

What we did was that we called one of the presenters who as well felt that this ad is wrong but they felt helpless as they don't have that much power. I wrote a letter and emailed it to the management and my benti to the entire sangat is they also send letters, fax or call to complain as this will make them realise that such ads do not fit into sikhi or even punjabi culture, which they are trying to promote....!!

Guru Maharaj mehar kare, we much get rid of this add immediately...!!

info@panjabradio.co.uk

Tel: 0046 (0)20 8848 88 77

Bhull chuk maaf, satguru sabhnade karaj raas kare

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Gurfateh!!

Hey sorry to not be inline with everyone's stance on this one but, it's punjab radio right? and it serves all the punjabi's those who are hindu, muslim, christian etc, so as a company i would use that as a market to advertise those kind of products.

However if the advert was on a station such as Amritbani, then my view would be completly different, and i would urge that we complain in a civilised manner.

Does anyone see any logic in my point??

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Gurfateh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I think Panjab Radio has a done a great job in educating the Sikh community about Sikhi and GUrbaani

Especially Dr. Gurdeep Singh, Bhai Jasveer Singh and Bhai Satnam Singh - the Gurbaani show presenters are the jewels of the Sikh Panth - which have brought the Sangat together and joined them to Guru Granth Sahib Ji and Sri Akaal Takht Sahib.

^_^

:umm: However, i agree (and was personally shocked) when I heard the hair removal adds.

I understand Panjab Radio is for "PANJABIs" hence Panjab Radio - its not KHALSA RADIO or SIKH RADIO etc.

however, because Panjab Radio has done so much for the Sikh community and serves a vital role in educating sangat across the world about Sikhi - it is a responsible thing to do, that they remove all adds advertising hair removal or any other things which are incompatible with Gurmat.

Food for thought.