DINNER AND CHARITY AUCTION

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

We are currently planning a dinner and charity auction to collect money for the tsunami disaster , we have currently raised £27000 and are expecting to raise around another £20000 by feb 12th , ther eare four of us and we will eb flyign out and working alongside kahls aid. I wan teh sangats input , currently for the event we have :-

fauja singh (90 yr marathan runner ) he will be auctioning a sighned tracksuti and pair of trainers

harjinder singh lallis jatha wil eb doign keertan in raag using classical instruments and katha in english, there will be a magician for the kids , a professional photographer a gatka display, and various other auction items .

DO YOU THINK THE ABOVE IS ENOUGH OR WOULD YOU ADD ANYTHING ELSE ????

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

the venue is mercia centre , the caterers are punajb foods who wil be doing a three course meal and samosa pakora aswell . we wil be doing a sikhi quiz we will be doing who wants to be a super sant in teams as the tabels are round so everyone will be teams. We have midland boyz djs doing all teh mutlimedai to projectors, t.v walls , video camers etc.. also a presentaion form khals aid with fottage form the nikhobar islands where thousnads of sikhs have been effected by the tsunami .

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Don't get me wrong. I think the event is a good idea. However, is there no way you can avoid getting the Mercia involved. The Mercia does have a number of bars, one is in the main hall.

Is there no Gurdwara Complex in Cov that can provide access to their Hall?

It's just a venue like Mercia does not do our Sikh activities any justice.

This is just my opinion and I am not attacking the good work you are doing.

GurFateh!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Thats a good point Gursa but if this event was to be held in a Guurdwara we are faced with further barriers i.e no table chairs , then people would have problems with using midland boys equipment for multimedia , or a magicain for the children, casue sikhi is against magic ..etc. etc... Some things are best left outside a gurudwara, we where invited to a similar event a few weeks back which was held by islamic relief , they collected £50,000 in the auction. we are hoping to at least get £20,000 .

The bar will be totaly out of site , and all food is vegetarian

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!