Animated Images

Akaali

God's name on guns? pretty lame if you ask me.

I have Satnaam-Waheguru written on my kirpan, is that lame too?

Having God's name on food shops, now thats pretty lame. Since "God" is everywhere, even if I have his name on my dog is that going to lower his status in any way?

Why do people want to start a discussion on every little thing? Nothing better to do, or just have that ego to show their knowledge? No offence, but unless you're not familiar with the concept of Saint-Soldier you wouldn't understand. I ain't gonna waste more time on this topic.

I have Satnaam-Waheguru written on my kirpan, is that lame too?

Having God's name on food shops, now thats pretty lame. Since "God" is everywhere, even if I have his name on my dog is that going to lower his status in any way?

Why do people want to start a discussion on every little thing? Nothing better to do, or just have that ego to show their knowledge? No offence, but unless you're not familiar with the concept of Saint-Soldier you wouldn't understand. I ain't gonna waste more time on this topic.

85383[/snapback]

Wkd Reply Khalsa Ji....spot on :TH:

how is is lame? .... a gun is a projectile weapon .... an astar

guru gobind singh ji has said to bow down to all weapons and treat them with the utmost respect one can give ..... for the weapons have the power of akaal... they can give life, or take it....

and also........

"namo sastr-pane. namo astr-mane"

I'm not gonna waste my time on this, the images are cool but I just didn't like God's name on the gun. Guru Gobind Singh Ji never made guns part of the rehit (even though guns were around back then), I don't like to associate violent things with God's name. Terrorists kill in God's name, that is probably cool to you too I suppose.

BTW why would you consider dog to be a lowly creature? DOG spelled backwards is GOD, I don't know what you are trying to imply. Also, don't talk about the Saint-Soldier concept if your not familar with the Saint concept. JMHO

vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa

vaaheguroo jee kee fatheh!!!!

Shastars are worthy of bowing to. They have life-giving and life-taking qualities.

They are not above Guru ji but they represent Guru ji.

Our ardas starts with pritham bhagauti simar kai - Bhagauti, the double edged sword, is a metaphor for God.

Shastars have been around since 1469 in Sikhi and essentially since the beginning of mankind.

They are very very fragile, very very dangerous, very very powerful, but they can also be used for very very noble purposes (JUST LIKE OUR MIND, WHICH IS THE most powerful, most dangerous, most fragile shaster).

A gun is also a shaster.

Here are some parts of history where guns have been used.

I don't think Guru ji would say that putting "Waheguru" or "Akaal" on a gun is bad.

God doesn't have a name - that you can PUT IT anywhere.

"Waheguru" or "Akaal" are words we have to express God, and they are already on many other shasters, including swords and knives.

They have been on shastars for hundreds of years. I think one of Baba Deep Singh Ji's original chakkars that they have preserved, has the mool mantar written on it.

After the martydom of Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Ji, Guru Gobind Singh Ji issued a hukamnama (written order) to his Sikhs that whenever they visited Anandpur Sahib they should bring horses and weapons as offerings. As a result many weapons, including this bandook (rifle) from a Sikh from Lahore were presented to Guru Ji.

GGGun.jpg

Source: http://www.gurugobindsingh.net/shastras.htm

Few rare historical items

1. Sword of guru Gobind Singh ji

2. Khanda Baba Deep Singh ji

3. Rifle used by Guru Gobind Singh ji to test Bhai Bir Singh ji & Dhir Singh ji

4. Stamp Takhat Damdama Sahib ji

5. Mirror Guru Gobind Singh ji

6. Old ADI GRANTH Guru Granth Sahib ji (copy done by Baba Deep Singh ji)

All these historical items are exhibitted in Takhat Dam Dama Sahib in front of Sikhs present; Every Morning & Evening.

Source: http://www.santsipahee.com/saintsoldier/damdama-sahib.htm

Below is a picture of the Rifle Guru Gobind Singh Ji used (Tufango)
riflegunofgurugobindsingh.gif

Source: http://www.sikhlionz.com/sikhartefacts.htm

Namaskrayan mor tiran tufang

Nomo khag, Adang Abhen Abhang,

Gadaen Grishtan namo saithiyan,

Jinhai tuliyan bir biyo na biyan.

[i salute arrows and gun.

O Sword! you are powerful and relentless,

I salute thee. I salute the heavy

Gada and scimitar. Like them

no other hero is born.]

Interpretation of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Bani

Source: http://www.sikhvision.com/sikhism/sikhhist...main.asp?id=950

bhaidala.jpg

BHAI Dalla Singh was (later Dall Singh) a Siddhu Jatt and chaudhari or landlord of Talvandi Sabo, enthusiastically received Guru Gobind Singh when he arrived there with his entourage early in 1706, and attended diligently to the needs and comforts of the daily-growing sangat. According to Bhai Santokh Singh, Sri Gur Pratap Suraj Granth, Dalla maintained a private army of several hundred warriors of whom he was very proud. He more than once commiserated with Guru Gobind Singh on the events that had overtaken him, boastfully adding that had the Guru called him for help he would have joined him with his bold warriors and that he (the Guru) would have been saved much of the travail. Guru Gobind Singh every time dismissed the topic saying, "God's will must prevail, It is useless to brood over the past." Bhai Dal singh would often boast the bravery of Jutts., vis-a-vis other communities. Darbar of Guru Gobind Singh ji Sacha Padishah

once as Dalla was repeating his boast, two artisans of Lahore came and presented the Guru with two costly muzzle-loading guns. The Guru asked Bhai Dalla to provide a couple of his men as targets for him to test the range and striking power of the weapons. The strange demand stunned Dalla and put his men out of their wits, and none of them came forward. The Guru there upon invited two Ranghreta Sikhs, father and son, who happened to be busy tying their turbans near by. They both came running, turbans in hand, each trying to be in front of the other in order to be the first to face the bullet. Bhai Dalla, astonished at the Sikh's spirit of sacrifice, was ashamed and learnt to be humble. He understood that the brotherhood of Khalsa was much much braver than his jutts. He took the initiation of the Khalsa, receiving the name of Dal Singh. A small domed shrine within the precincts of Takht Damdama Sahib at Talwandi Sabo honours Dal Singh's memory to this day. A sword and shield and a few other articles claimed to have been bestowed upon him by Guru Gobind Singh are preserved in the descendant family as sacred relics.

BIBLIOGRAPHY

1. Copyright © Harbans Singh "The encyclopedia of Sikhism.

2. Santokh Singh, Bhai, Sri Gur Pratap Suraj Granth. Amritsar, 1923

3. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Guru Khalsa. Patiala, 1970

4. Sukha Singh, Bhai, Gurbilas Dasvin Patshah. Lahore, 1912

5. Macauliffe, Max Arthur, The Sikh Religion. Oxford, 1909

Source: http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.ppa?act=Po...=02&f=13&t=9582

If i had said anything against gurmat I request the sangat's forgiveness and the guru's forgiveness.

Vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsa,

Vaaheguroo jee kee fathehhhh!!!!!