Sikhi And The Environment

Jagmeet

waheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ke fateh,

What does Gurbani say about the environment we live it? ( conservation, destruction, neglect? )

As Sikhs, what should we be doing?

I also heard of a great gursikhi who did a lot of seva on the environment in India, but he wasnt recognised for it by the goverment? grin.gif

bhul chuf maf.

waheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ke fateh.

pavan guru, paani pitha, matha dharat mahat

thats more than enviroment for me ji rolleyes.gif

my interpretation is...

pavan as guru, think scientifically, we breath in oxygen, but what if our oxygen supply was cut off, we would be dead right? so think of it like if we dont have a guru, then spiritually we are dead.

since maharaj described pavaan as the guru, we should make the air clean, because it sustains our life.

paani pitha

father being our water supply, a constant refreshment and helping us in life, again, if we had no water we would be dehydrated and lethargic. in the same way, a father helps you in life, just like paani. environmentally, we should do our best to keep water clean.

mahta dharat mahat

my understanding that the earth being our mother, our support, our guidence, we should preserve our "mata".

and all these are ultimatly being god.

gustaphi maaf

pavan guru, paani pitha, matha dharat mahat

thats more than enviroment for me ji rolleyes.gif

my interpretation is...

pavan as guru, think scientifically, we breath in oxygen, but what if our oxygen supply was cut off, we would be dead right? so think of it like if we dont have a guru, then spiritually we are dead.

since maharaj described pavaan as the guru, we should make the air clean, because it sustains our life.

paani pitha

father being our water supply, a constant refreshment and helping us in life, again, if we had no water we would be dehydrated and lethargic. in the same way, a father helps you in life, just like paani. environmentally, we should do our best to keep water clean.

mahta dharat mahat

my understanding that the earth being our mother, our support, our guidence, we should preserve our "mata".

and all these are ultimatly being god.

gustaphi maaf

85482[/snapback]

:umm: