Ur Views

Guest Sony

Fateh,

In the naam dhridh post we were talking about the diff sangat... if its ok with the admin, i would love to hear the sangat's views on this..... lets just please not bad mouth nebody or ne group. but it would be nice to see what the sangats views are......

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol yea i guessed i should have put something more :umm: so heres the post from before....

(Singh47 @ Feb 17 2005, 03:46 PM)

JSS

i know sadh sangat samagams in amrit sanchar they will do naam drirh..

Although, this may be off topic, but is it true that the Dodra Jatha aka "Sadh Sangat" allow Monay men/women and make-up wearing women to do kirtan seva on stage?

I dont understand why u quoted jss saying that when u ask that question... what does having to do kirtan have to do with this.

second yes they do and i dont think they are doing nething wrong. there are people who are coming towards sikhi, are on the path and they get the oppurtunity to come closer. I can say this because i started going to dodra sangat, and its because they accepted me and gave me the chance to grow i am here. they didnt scare me away, they helped me on the way.

pul chuk maaf

Fateh

pul chuk maaf :cool:

There is nothing wrong with "monay" doing kirtan. We have made it such a ritual that only amritdharis should be doing kirtan and such that, and at some that you even have to have a certain dress code in order to sit and do kirtan...

.. im not bad mouthing anyone its just i see it much like a ritual. It should be straight up YOU and GURU SAHIB.. no matter how you look like.. who you are.. its YOU and GURU SAHIB...

.. for a mona to do kirtan.. or for a non amritdhari to do kirtan... how vadbhagi are they who are actually doing the effort to do that while you got some amritdharis who dont do kirtan... i think they have a lot of kripa on them... also who knows what down the road they might be guru wale ... and come into the family ...

... oh ya its ... YOU AND GURU SAHIB... i hope i made my point... rolleyes.gif

:nihungsmile:

Guest SikhForLife

i m usually a liberal DaasnDaas, but i have to disagree with you on this.

you are right when you imply that no one else should judge the mona person's spirituality..

but the issue is .. how flexible are we to get when it comes to Sikh Garb and representation of Mona's as proper Sikhs.

should we let our children grow up seeing that you can still be Mona and still get fully accepted as a Sikh..

because the fact of the matter is, that monas just dont get accepted as full Sikhs within the community.. i am sure you are aware of this..

however, we should try to include them.. encourage them and so on.. but lets not push it.

should we let our children grow up seeing that you can still be Mona and still get fully accepted as a Sikh..

because the fact of the matter is, that monas just dont get accepted as full Sikhs within the community.. i am sure you are aware of this..

86102[/snapback]

who's fault is that? see, we can all go tooting the big horn of "be a sikh"... as a sikh, you faithfully believe in the concept of karma, and that your lives are in fact written by Guru Sahib before you're born...LOONG before you'er born... what's gonna happen is gonna happen...

What i'm saying is, it's easy to go around callin people monay and saying they're not sikh, and if that's your piece of cake, then go for it, however, with me, i do my very best to recognize that they are in fact just progressing their lives too! They're doing whatever they can to get in tune with gurbaani, and one of these methods may include doing keertan....

the arguement i usually hear (and it's a REALLY ERALLY week arguement), is that the monay can do keertan at home on their own, but they can't do it in sangat...

well, define sangat for me.. what if the mona's at home, someone comes over to his/her house, and sits down with him/her... all of a sudden, that's 2 people, and THAT IS SANGAT! so now the mona can't do keertan...

and if the arguement is that anyone who's non-amritdhari is a mona, i can't WAIT for someone to go tell that 5-year old kid who's just learning keertan that he/she's not allowed to do keertan cuz they're not amritdhari..

Sikhforlife has presented the view of most people who are short sighted...you guys fail to realize that NOONE is saying that it is okay to be mona...but at the same time you have to realize that if a mona isn't allowed to build a relationship with his guru, then he/she will probably never come into sikhi...

and you guys make it look as if the people mona people who do kirtan in sangat stay that way their whole lives...in fact, i know many people who first came to sangat totally not into sikhi..but through doing seva, simran, kirtan, paath, having company of LOVING gursikhs...they soon found their way to guru ji and gave their heads....in fact...the MAJORITY of the kirtanis are amritdhari gursikhs...the monas are a small minority....

also...for people like SIKHFORLIFE and Singh47 to consider...up until the last century we had MUSLIM rababis doing kirtan in Harmandir sahib...a maryada that had been going on since the times of the gurus....so i don't know where you come off telling us who can and cannot do kirtan...

Guest SikhForLife
but at the same time you have to realize that if a mona isn't allowed to build a relationship with his guru, then he/she will probably never come into sikhi...

veerji i think you jumped to conclusions.. i dont say they shudnt build a relationship infact its good that they are.. but you see when they go infront of the sangat they become role models .. for everyone.. its natural.. we see perfection in people who lead the sangat.. the gianis.. the katha vaachaks.. its not about being short sighted.. its about being real..

but at the same time you have to realize that if a mona isn't allowed to build a relationship with his guru, then he/she will probably never come into sikhi...

veerji i think you jumped to conclusions.. i dont say they shudnt build a relationship infact its good that they are.. but you see when they go infront of the sangat they become role models .. for everyone.. its natural.. we see perfection in people who lead the sangat.. the gianis.. the katha vaachaks.. its not about being short sighted.. its about being real..

86107[/snapback]

but veerji, there are so many people that do kirtan, who just on the outside have the sikhi pehrava... but inside they are not newhere near what they try to be..... how do u get them to stop?

Guest SikhForLife
well, define sangat for me.. what if the mona's at home, someone comes over to his/her house, and sits down with him/her... all of a sudden, that's 2 people, and THAT IS SANGAT! so now the mona can't do keertan...

if someone is coming to the monas house they are coming willingly.. u put a mona in GW to do keertan.. then you may be violating the will of the sangat..

u see wat i mean?

besides its not a question of the spirituality of the mona.. or anyone else for that matter its a matter of representation ... u put a "sardar" guy who does drugs .. and if that fact is known.. its the same thing.. improve urself first and then be worthy of doing keertan infront of the sangat..