Whats The Misery For A Rich Man

Ghulam Singh

IMHO, any misery is what you make of it.

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Aasaa on Pannaa 375

Awsw mhlw 5 ]

aasaa mehalaa 5 ||

Aasaa, Fifth Mehl:

hir syvw mih prm inDwnu ]

har saevaa mehi param nidhhaan ||

In the Lord's service, are the greatest treasures.

hir syvw muiK AMimRq nwmu ]1]

har saevaa mukh a(n)mrith naam ||1||

Serving the Lord, the Ambrosial Naam comes into one's mouth. ||1||

hir myrw swQI sMig sKweI ]

har maeraa saathhee sa(n)g sakhaaee ||

The Lord is my Companion; He is with me, as my Help and Support.

duiK suiK ismrI qh maujUdu jmu bpurw mo kau khw frweI ]1] rhwau ]

dhukh sukh simaree theh moujoodh jam bapuraa mo ko kehaa ddaraaee ||1|| rehaao ||

In pain and pleasure, whenever I remember Him, He is present. How can the poor Messenger of Death frighten me now? ||1||Pause||

hir myrI Et mY hir kw qwxu ]

har maeree outt mai har kaa thaan ||

The Lord is my Support; the Lord is my Power.

hir myrw sKw mn mwih dIbwxu ]2]

har maeraa sakhaa man maahi dheebaan ||2||

The Lord is my Friend; He is my mind's advisor. ||2||

hir myrI pUMjI myrw hir vyswhu ]

har maeree poo(n)jee maeraa har vaesaahu ||

The Lord is my capital; the Lord is my credit.

gurmuiK Dnu KtI hir myrw swhu ]3]

guramukh dhhan khattee har maeraa saahu ||3||

As Gurmukh, I earn the wealth, with the Lord as my Banker. ||3||

gur ikrpw qy ieh miq AwvY ]

gur kirapaa thae eih math aavai ||

By Guru's Grace, this wisdom has come.

jn nwnku hir kY AMik smwvY ]4]16]

jan naanak har kai a(n)k samaavai ||4||16||

Servant Nanak has merged into the Being of the Lord. ||4||16||

Bhul chuk di khimaa(n) bakhshani SatsangiO! pray.gif

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Thats a pretty big sterotype... I know several people who are not greedy and by the grace of Waheguroo are "rich".

Its like any temptation, its always there... but if you can overcome it, its not a problem anymore :umm:

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

ANSWER: Being pAkhandee to satisfy ones OWN needs, rather than those of HUMANKIND on the WHOLE.

This can be likened to breaking off in2 factions. Why does this happen? simply MAYAA! Das can only speak for myslef, but i don't fall 4 shaytaangi dat easily! Looks may be deceiving. Those that are 'white' on the outside are often 'mael de bhaRiO pae' and have twisted 'organization' CAPE-a-bill-iT. :LOLz:robbing sangat. But I'm not worrying @ the mo...coz I've been sitting up saavdhaan all yesterday and tonight + am just about to do ishnaan, hopefully some NAAM abhyaas and then MIN. 5 baaniyan da Nitnem.

SEWA (esp PANTHIK is SELF-LESS). True sevadaars do not call 4 recognition or titles or even allign themselves with particular parties. Gandhi politics is often involved with marble establishments which DO actually erode with koaRda ACID rain. Brahmin-math can equate to swallowing one's own poison, such as issues on caste, REHAT over KES and EQUALITY SEEN in Amritdharee Bibiaan. A truly beautiful woman is not 1 who 'makes-up' as she does not put on a farce and knows what REAL 'Nishkaam' Seva(K)iS re:! i.e. NOT the bloody maya de malik nosey GOI agents. In ur face- u farty farces! (I smell a skunky pong...of the black n white ANIMAL. puke.)

This Shabad is by Bhai Gurdaas Ji in Vaars Bhai Gurdaas on Pannaa 28

houmai garab nivaareeai guramukh ridhai gareebee aavai||

giaan mathee ghatt chaananaa bharam agiaan a(n)dhhaer mittaavai||

hoe nisaanaa dtehi pavai dharagehi maan nimaanaa paavai||

khasamai soee bhaa(n)vadhaa khasamai dhaa jis bhaanaa bhaavai||

bhaanaa ma(n)nai ma(n)neeai apanaa bhaanaa aap manaavai||

dhuneeaa vich paraahunaa dhaavaa shhadd rehae laa dhaavai||

saadhhasa(n)gath mil hukam kamaavai ||aa||

GURMUKHS smell the sweetness of NAAM like honey-bees buzzing Wah-e-gurrrrooooo, Wahegurrrrrooooooooo.....not ridiculing the repetition of Akaal Purakh and a Nirmal reputation in GOD'S i.e. not fake society's eyes.

Shame on these 'peace'-lovers. Sikhs should remember that they are only successful with Sangat's asees, not by advertizing to get a following via revengeful means of media. Not everybody's blind to corruptness. SO BEWARE :umm: :compress: U idiots are only revealing ur OWN weaknesses- so take a good look in the mirror (unless ur afraid it'll crack 2 easily)

Dis daas is a Gurbaani lover. Who's up for the REAL recital??? That'd be the proper AKALI utilizing the TAKHAT of Dhur Kee Baani 2 spread the msg of TRUTH in a sacrificial (NB not superficial!) EARNEST SEWA. As wrought as IRON, not plasticy/takky!

pray.gif

Waheguru Ji Ka KHALSA! :nihungsmile: Waheguru Ji Ki FATEHH!!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Thats a pretty big sterotype... I know several people who are not greedy and by the grace of Waheguroo are "rich".

Its like any temptation, its always there... but if you can overcome it, its not a problem anymore :umm:

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

87316[/snapback]

So, have u got a tried + tested method of 'overcoming' this temptation that's 'always' there?

NB u seem to be referring to @rich@ in MAYAA terms...not NAAM. If a Gursikh has aslee piaar NAAM will not be a 'temptation' but the very 'breath of life'. Waheguru Gurmantar, not worldly currency, is what makes a GURMUKH Richie Rich.

That sustenance makes 1 a KHALSA 4eva.

The definitions of such words are far deeper than u may realize!

Someone told me whats the misery for a rich man.. What do you guys think it is..

87297[/snapback]

Living in Fear (of losing his riches)

Sant Maskeen ji once said that When wealth comes to a person, it makes him crazy and when it leaves it leaves with a slap in the face.

Someone told me whats the misery for a rich man.. What do you guys think it is..

87297[/snapback]

Living in Fear (of losing his riches)

Sant Maskeen ji once said that When wealth comes to a person, it makes him crazy and when it leaves it leaves with a slap in the face.

87417[/snapback]

There's nothing 2 B afraid of...

...just pray.gif ...

+ ALL will B taken care of!

Reminds me of when I was waiting at Amritsar airport ALONE with my luggage next to the STD stand. This nice Taksali Singh from Singh Sabha Bradford Gurdwara kept me good company on the flight but then quickly left to go 2 his pind. So I was left 'stranded' surrounded by police'men' (there were loads of them around since VIPs were expected). Thus, I just did paath of this shabad mainly (+ moolmantar/ Gurmantar simran) mu-javani..

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Sorath on Pannaa 626

soriT mhlw 5 ]

sorat(h) mehalaa 5 ||

Sorat'h, Fifth Mehl:

gur kw sbdu rKvwry ]

gur kaa sabadh rakhavaarae ||

The Word of the Guru's Shabad is my Saving Grace.

caukI cauigrd hmwry ]

choukee chougiradh hamaarae ||

It is a guardian posted on all four sides around me.

rwm nwim mnu lwgw ]

raam naam man laagaa ||

My mind is attached to the Lord's Name.

jmu ljwie kir Bwgw ]1]

jam lajaae kar bhaagaa ||1||

The Messenger of Death has run away in shame. ||1||

pRB jI qU myro suKdwqw ]

prabh jee thoo maero sukhadhaathaa ||

O Dear Lord, You are my Giver of peace.

bMDn kwit kry mnu inrmlu pUrn purKu ibDwqw ] rhwau ]

ba(n)dhhan kaatt karae man niramal pooran purakh bidhhaathaa || rehaao ||

The Perfect Lord, the Architect of Destiny, has shattered my bonds, and made my mind immaculately pure. ||Pause||

nwnk pRBu AibnwsI ]

naanak prabh abinaasee ||

O Nanak, God is eternal and imperishable.

qw kI syv n ibrQI jwsI ]

thaa kee saev n birathhee jaasee ||

Service to Him shall never go unrewarded.

And krih qyry dwsw ]

anadh karehi thaerae dhaasaa ||

Your slaves are in bliss;

jip pUrn hoeI Awsw ]2]4]68]

jap pooran hoee aasaa ||2||4||68||

chanting and meditating, their desires are fulfilled. ||2||4||68||

:TH:

It was still a gr8 relief when I spotted the Satnam Trust sevadaar in his nice clean while kurta pajama and black gatra on top. Vah! Gursikhaa(n) de DARSHAN is sumthing extra special man! :nihungsmile: Amritdharees take on the roop of Guru Gobind Singh Jee themselves. Aren't we blessed!?!

:umm:

Waheguru Ji Ka KHALSA! Waheguru Ji Ki FATEH!!

P.S. Although I had 2 wait like absolutely 'ages', the roads had been sweeped in preparation for the poloitical guests...so the rikhsaA ride was less dusty (but the pong in som places was not very pleasant at all. I just covered my airways off with my chuni. (My big bro said I looked like a Ninja just B4 I left ninja.gif !) I still got an aroma of the Indian/ Punjabi culture though- rich and poor areas alike. My mum said- that's India 4 Ju! v1.gif

Oh...and has anyone seen Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles (the cartoon) which was made in2 a movie with the same title but NINJA replaced 'hero' 4 sum reason! grin.gif :..:

:nihungsmile: