sarbloh bibek

I have heard there are 4 or 5 levels of Bibeks. The first level of Bibek is just keeping all of your kakkars. I forgot the second or third level (bad memory). But the second last level of bibek is when you only eat from other bibeki Gursikhs, this is what most bibekis follow. The last level of bibek is “Sarbloh Bibek” whereby you only eat food that is prepared from Sarbloh and you only eat out of sarbloh. Sarbloh Bibek is perhaps the least common out of all of them. I don’t keep it, maybe a few years down the road, as I don’t know how to cook.

M Khalsa and Khalistani,

Sant Jarnail Singh Jee kept bibek, the second last level of bibek I have mentioned above. He did not keep “Sarbloh bibek”. But Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee kept Sarboh bibek, which is the final level of bibek.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but the gurus werent bibek were they. Guru gobind singh ji would always go to eat langar at ppls house who werent amritdhari to eat langar, and this also sorta goes into bhamanism that ur not gonna eat at some ones hands if there not amrithari, is that because you think ur better than them. I understand the concept if ur not gonna eat from resturants because its been around meet and stuff i respect that. But saying im not gonna eat in the langar or im not gonna eat from some whos not amrithari goes in to bhamanism.

Navjot Singh, I am assuming that you are a Taksali, then you should also know that Sant Jarnail Singh Jee was a strict Babeki. Not a "Sarbloh Babeki", but a Bakeki. Also, I don’t blaim Babeki Singhs from not eating at Dexie Gurdwara considering that many non-Amritdharis are allowed to cook the food there. At Darbar Sahib, only Amritdharis are allowed to cook food. Although, I don’t keep babek, but I certainly support babek as it is puratan Rehet.

but the gurus werent bibek were they. Guru gobind singh ji would always go to eat langar at ppls house who werent amritdhari to eat langar, and this also sorta goes into bhamanism that ur not gonna eat at some ones hands if there not amrithari, is that because you think ur better than them. I understand the concept if ur not gonna eat from resturants because its been around meet and stuff i respect that. But saying im not gonna eat in the langar or im not gonna eat from some whos not amrithari goes in to bhamanism.

According to Panth Parkash five Singhs always accompanied Guru Gobind Singh Ji at all times and they are the ones who cooked for Guru Ji. It is also written there that Guru Sahib refused to eat from the hands of Dayal Das because he wasn't amritthari. This is just one reference and I'm sure there are more similar ones.

not to sound offensive, but to me sarablohi bibek totally defeats the principle of guru ka langar..... it kinda aangers me when at AKJ Raensabhayees, there's a whole seperate langar hall for them, and a whole seperate one for the rest of us

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

yes it angers me too..

why cant they just make one langar WITH PROPER MARYADA...

its not really langar is it if guru sahib hasnt blessed it.. why would guru sahib bless it if everyone spits on langar maryada..

therefore.. real langars in the back room with the sarblohi singhs.. try to get some of that :umm: