Music

mushabooom

Is it wrong to listen to music?

I'm not talking about R&B, and rap...where the only message that comes from that is the same repetitive nonsense. Some people might have thier defence though. The beats are sick.. :wub: @ uh...I'm getting off track. Anyways, is it wrong to listen to actual real music? Like maybe radiohead. A wicked amazing band that really kind of forces me to think and look at things from a tooooootally different view point. Can I still listen to radiohead?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it wrong to listen to music?

I'm not talking about R&B, and rap...where the only message that comes from that is the same repetitive nonsense. Some people might have thier defence though. The beats are sick.. :wub: @ uh...I'm getting off track. Anyways, is it wrong to listen to actual real music? Like maybe radiohead. A wicked amazing band that really kind of forces me to think and look at things from a tooooootally different view point. Can I still listen to radiohead?

159442[/snapback]

Well listen to any music you like as long as it doesnt have too vile lyrcis, l listen to disturbed and bands similar... lol, not much though anymore!! wacko.gif

Well listen to any music you like as long as it doesnt have too vile lyrcis, l listen to disturbed and bands similar... lol, not much though anymore!!  wacko.gif

159443[/snapback]

Hahaha, well my mom always yells at me for listening to gora music. But seriously, I don't see anything wrong with it. I like a lot of political punk too, and my mom thinks its all garbage and yells at me for listening to it.

Well listen to any music you like as long as it doesnt have too vile lyrcis, l listen to disturbed and bands similar... lol, not much though anymore!!  wacko.gif

159443[/snapback]

Hahaha, well my mom always yells at me for listening to gora music. But seriously, I don't see anything wrong with it. I like a lot of political punk too, and my mom thinks its all garbage and yells at me for listening to it.

159444[/snapback]

hmm...i'll be honest with you...im into rap, hip hop, R&B, reggae...

but if you dont want the profanity to be in your music..you can always cut out the words you dont want it there... :wub:

so if you do it that way...then i guess theres nothing wrong .....

right? :@

159443[/snapback]

159444[/snapback]

but if you dont want the profanity to be in your music..you can always cut out the words you dont want it there... :wub:

159445[/snapback]

even if the 'bad words' are cut out, the message coming from these songs is so empty and meaningless still.... most of the time. It's just a bunch of <admin-profanity filter activated> for your brains anyways

wjkk

wjkf jio,

In my opinion or if u ask a sikh that, is it ok to listen to R.A.P or I think R.I.P they would say NOOOO.In my opinion we should pay attention to gurbani and sikhi forget all the english stuff.

159443[/snapback]

159444[/snapback]

159445[/snapback]

even if the 'bad words' are cut out, the message coming from these songs is so empty and meaningless still.... most of the time. It's just a bunch of <admin-profanity filter activated> for your brains anyways

159446[/snapback]

When you have kirtan jathas like AKJ, who needs crap rap, rock, whatever. Its all junk and it is only listened to in order to please the mind, that is all. It does nothing for the soul and more importantly it takes you away from VAHEGURU. Once you get into listening to kirtan, everything else is a JOKE.

Galtee Maaf Karnee Jee..

my personal favorite track:

http://media.waheguroo.com/Akhand_Keertan/...n_Singh_Jee.mp3

Start listening at the 56:40 and listen to the rest of the track. Also check out for 70:00. The 70th minute is amaazzing!!!! The power WOW!! Amazzing stuff, when you have this who needs rap?

BE SURE TO HAVE THE VOLUME UP!!

:wub: :@ :cool:

u know, i used to be into all that, rap, hip hop, grime, i used to love it. But then guroo sahib showed me the truth:

<span style='font-family:GurbaniWebThick'>myry mohn sRvnI ieh n sunwey ] swkq gIq nwd Duin gwvq bolq bol Ajwey ]1] rhwau ]</span>

maerae mohan sravanee eih n sunaaeae || saakath geeth naadh dhhun gaavath bolath bol ajaaeae ||1|| rehaao ||

O my fascinating Lord, may I never listen to the faithless cynic, singing his songs and tunes, and chanting his useless words. ||1||Pause||

AKJforever's got it spot on, AKAAAAAAAALLL!!!!!

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

nfin rng wid listnin 2 music as long as it dnt mes u up as in u start takin drugs n popin ppl as many lyrics say in rap n reggae

Guest lowest of the low singhni

how about you try to imagine gursikhs like bhai jeevan singh listening to radiohead.

yeh. not really happening.