Immoral Deed

The 9 steps that our mind takes when committing an immoral deed:

1) Looking at someone of the opposite sex and having dirty thoughts.

2) Listening upon dirty conversations.

3) Remembering this persons face.

4) Praising that individuals appearance to others.

5) In your mind thinking endlessly about this individual.

6) Privately thinking dirty thoughts of this individual.

7) Making plans on how to achieve goal to get closer to this individual.

8) Carrying out actions which assist in accomplishing goal.

9) Achieving the goal.

According to Guru Sahibs Teachings these are 9 steps our mind falls into that lead us away from God and away from our true objective. A Gurmukh is one who has controlled his mind through Maharajs blessing and does not fall into these traps of Maya. Khalsa is pure on the inside and outside, jeeahu niramal baaharahu niramal ||

gur kaa sikh bikaar thae haattai ||

The Sikh of the Guru abstains from evil deeds.

mithhiaa naethr paekhath par thria roopaadh ||

False are the eyes which gaze upon the beauty of another's wife.

akhee vaekh n rajeeaa bahu ra(n)g thamaasae||

The eyes are not satisfied with beholding sights and exhibitions.

akhee praem kasaaeeaa har har naam pikha(n)nih ||

The eyes which are attracted by the Lord's Love behold the Lord through the Name of the Lord.

jae kar dhoojaa dhaekhadhae jan naanak kadt dhicha(n)nih ||2||

If they gaze upon something else, O servant Nanak, they ought to be gouged out. ||2||

par thria roop n paekhai naethr ||

The Gurmukh is one who does not gaze at the beauty of anothers wife.

(The above information was taken from Sri Sukhmani Sahib Steek DDT,Baba Jaswant Singh(Bhagat ji) and translated into English.)

Please visit www.Gursevak.com to view Pothi Sahibs and Recordings!

*** also Check out Bhagat Surdas jis sakhi in the Sakhi section on this forum! which is closely related to this topic!

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php/topic/46788-bhagat-surdas-ji/page__p__429942entry429942

You see sangat jee, the truth is right here in front of us, we're the stupid fools for not realising it. Dhan dhan random_singhni for providing us with this infinite amount of knowledge, I thank you, because without you I (manmukh) wouldn't be able to read this truth jeeee.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Waheguru,

It Really helps to know how our mind works naturally and how easy it is to fall into these traps,

for example:

I go on facebook and i keep looking at "X singhs" profile,, And what we look at creates numerous thoguhts and those thoughts become actions,

I get thoguhts of seeing this singh as a possible 'match" for marriage and in those thoughts i begin to fall into the cycle of these 9 steps,

If we were to Gurparsadh think that Guru ji is allways with us how would we do anything bad?

And even to that point that if we had so much love and fear for Guru sahib , could we even dare to think a dirty thought?

Vaheguru jeeeeeooo

you basically slapped me in the face with love jeeee. DHANNNNN DHAANNNN random_singhni.

keep slapping me, keep slapping me, slap me so hard that all the five thiefs get scared and run away, slap me so hard that kalyug runs away.

If I don't mean what I say, then what use is it to type this. you got to believe me, it's full of truth.

lets all thank for vaheguru's existence. thank dhan dhan guru granth jee maharaaj.

some people are scared of going to sleep, because they think that these five choor's will attack them in it. and you know what, they doo. Then who can we go to, when we're in pain, when we're scared. It's only the one and only one akaaaalll purukh.

Thanks for posting this. This is from Guru Nanak Dev ji's teachings as recorded in Nanak Parkash, the first part of Suraj Parkash, the poetical history of the Sikhs written by Poet Santokh Singh.

The whole setup of modern western society is to advance as fast as possible from step 1 to step 9. This is referred to as "getting lucky".

I really hope and wish the misled Sikhs who for some reason think they can't get married without dating will read this.

Dating = dancing on a highwire rope. Dating = practice for divorce: You start dating, if something about that person bugs you, you drop them for someone else. Sikhi is about accepting the other's faults. Dating is nowhere close to Sikhi. Dating is based on the concept of courtly love; what people don't realise, however, is that courtly love is based on adultery! See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtly_love

Western marriages are based on a false conception of love. Sikh marriages are based on dharam (duty). To someone brainwashed in the Western concept of romance, this sounds dreary. The reality of Western life is a short period of ersatz paradise followed by a hell as the partners each attempt to measure the other against their romantic ideals. When they don't measure up, they are abandoned in search of another.

Sikh marriages also have love, but the base of the love (like the foundation of a house) is duty. Love is a decoration and adornment. It's not a foundation on which you can build a house.

If you're still at steps 1-7 of starting a relationship with someone, you can extricate yourself with the help of the Gurmanter. You're still at the man/bachan phase of pap. You still have time to pull back before you get to the karam (action) phase. Bani calls the mind an elephant and the Guru's word a whip, so wield the whip and beat the mind back into submission.

The people who try to get those "Kaam, Kroth, Moh, Lobh, Maya " away whole day is actually keeping these thing with him whole day. And a person who live simply always got win on them.

Young Sikh, would you care to provide a definition of "living simply"? It seems that you think "living simply" means making no effort whatsoever to distance yourself from the 5 dark elements of human nature. These elements are called thieves and thugs in Bani. You wouldn't think it odd that people wouldn't want to associate with robbers and burglars, so why do you think it odd that spiritual believers (Sikhs) want to stay afar from the five spiritual thieves?

The five thieves loot the ability of the spirit to achieve Amrit Ras (the taste of the highest divine nectar). They make it impossible to achieve the goal of human life, and they also damn the spirit to perdition:

jam dda(n)ddaa gal sa(n)gal parriaa bhaag geae sae pa(n)ch janaa ||3||

Death strikes her down with his rod, the shackles are placed around her neck, and now the five have left. ||3|| Guru Nanak Dev Ji Raag Gauree 155

You slander those who attempt to shoo the five thieves, yet Guru Arjan Dev Ji praises such Sikhs:

gur kaa sabadh ridh a(n)thar dhhaarai ||

Those who implant the Word of the Guru's Shabad within their hearts

pa(n)ch janaa sio sa(n)g nivaarai ||

cut their connections with the five passions.

dhas ei(n)dhree kar raakhai vaas ||

They keep the ten organs under their control;

thaa kai aathamai hoe paragaas ||1||

their souls are enlightened. ||1|| p 236

Note: the ten indri's referenced above are the five sense organs and the five organs of action, including the sexual organs. You're not seriously going to try to claim that constantly thinking about a girl (or a boy) and trying to get close to them and touching them doesn't sexually excite a person, are you?

Guru Arjan Dev Ji explicitly states that he who kills the five thieves is perfect in the Guru's eyes:

jin pa(n)ch maar bidhaar gudhaarae so pooraa eih kalee rae ||1|| rehaao ||

He alone, who conquers and defeats the five demons, is perfect in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga. ||1||Pause|| p 404

No matter how many tuks (lines) of Bani are quoted, a lover of mammon (a mayadhari) persists in attachment to this sweet poison. The reason is that he has developed a taste for it, and for him, it is amrit (a false amrit, though), and the five thieves loot him while he is inebriated with this wine:

amrit kael karae nith kaaman avar luttaen s pa(n)ch janaa ||2||

She enjoys the sweet play again and again, while the five demons are plundering her. ||2|| p 155

The person who "lives simply" has lost the entire game of life.

May God save us from this fate.

The people who try to get those "Kaam, Kroth, Moh, Lobh, Maya " away whole day is actually keeping these thing with him whole day. And a person who live simply always got win on them.

Young Sikh, would you care to provide a definition of "living simply"? It seems that you think "living simply" means making no effort whatsoever to distance yourself from the 5 dark elements of human nature. These elements are called thieves and thugs in Bani. You wouldn't think it odd that people wouldn't want to associate with robbers and burglars, so why do you think it odd that spiritual believers (Sikhs) want to stay afar from the five spiritual thieves?

The five thieves loot the ability of the spirit to achieve Amrit Ras (the taste of the highest divine nectar). They make it impossible to achieve the goal of human life, and they also damn the spirit to perdition:

jam dda(n)ddaa gal sa(n)gal parriaa bhaag geae sae pa(n)ch janaa ||3||

Death strikes her down with his rod, the shackles are placed around her neck, and now the five have left. ||3|| Guru Nanak Dev Ji Raag Gauree 155

You slander those who attempt to shoo the five thieves, yet Guru Arjan Dev Ji praises such Sikhs:

gur kaa sabadh ridh a(n)thar dhhaarai ||

Those who implant the Word of the Guru's Shabad within their hearts

pa(n)ch janaa sio sa(n)g nivaarai ||

cut their connections with the five passions.

dhas ei(n)dhree kar raakhai vaas ||

They keep the ten organs under their control;

thaa kai aathamai hoe paragaas ||1||

their souls are enlightened. ||1|| p 236

Note: the ten indri's referenced above are the five sense organs and the five organs of action, including the sexual organs. You're not seriously going to try to claim that constantly thinking about a girl (or a boy) and trying to get close to them and touching them doesn't sexually excite a person, are you?

Guru Arjan Dev Ji explicitly states that he who kills the five thieves is perfect in the Guru's eyes:

jin pa(n)ch maar bidhaar gudhaarae so pooraa eih kalee rae ||1|| rehaao ||

He alone, who conquers and defeats the five demons, is perfect in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga. ||1||Pause|| p 404

No matter how many tuks (lines) of Bani are quoted, a lover of mammon (a mayadhari) persists in attachment to this sweet poison. The reason is that he has developed a taste for it, and for him, it is amrit (a false amrit, though), and the five thieves loot him while he is inebriated with this wine:

amrit kael karae nith kaaman avar luttaen s pa(n)ch janaa ||2||

She enjoys the sweet play again and again, while the five demons are plundering her. ||2|| p 155

The person who "lives simply" has lost the entire game of life.

May God save us from this fate.

my 2 cents.

The way I understand so far with my tuchh budhi is that we need to understand these five vices (and gurbani helps us to do that). I will take an example of anger, gussa. How do we get angry? we saw something or somebody did something or we did something which was against our wishes. We get angry, either because its irrepairable or its gonna take lot of time to fix. Either way damage has been done. once we just understand that point that damage has been done and there is no point in getting angry, we can use that energy/time to actually fix the problem which we were going to spend on cursing, talking loudly, throwing things here and there (and breaking some more stuff to get angry at). So as far as I understand, understanding the vices is the key. Recognize it, and then figure out how to handle it.

Similarly, ego, haumai. This is one vice, which would not let the NAAm stand in you, even if you do waheguru simran 8hrs a day, or do keertan everyday or do charity work, or whatever good you may be doing thinking that you are the best person (just the thought of it). Haumai, makes the benefits of all the things you do, equivalent to zero. Nimanapan, puts a one infront of all the zeros you might have collected (lets say one zero for waheguru simran only, another one for doing banis, another one for actually understanding, another actually living it and another one for doing charity work). if there is ego for doing all the above, they are just zeros put together, but if all these bring humility/nimanapan in you, Babaji just gifted you with "ONE" infront of your zeros.

Thats my understanding. Someone may not agree, as I have my own ways of understanding things around me. If someone have better understanding, please do enlighten me, as I am a learner yet, have long ways yet to say that I am "learned" person. So will appreciate it.

The original post is so true, but instead of focusing on the negative, Kaam Krodh, etc. Focus on the positve of life like humility, contentment, compassion, love, Truth, ang faith. Positive engery draws positive people and feelings.

exactly. Instead of seeing the glass half empty, see it half full and keep on trying to fil the rest of the half as well.