Colours !?!?!?!?!

Princess

About colors, I don't care. Personally, I don't like red or green. I like blue but the thing about Baba Banda Singh Ji Bahadur is a bunch of crap. He didn't try to become Guru or change the uniform to red. This is all false stuff to defame Baba Ji. Baba Ji was no ordinary person. What he did was not done by anyone. Yes he did make a couple of mistakes. One of them was changing the jaikara and the other was trusting the hindu rajas. Another was not listening to vinod singh and leaving the kachi gari at gurdasnangal.

For more:

mail me.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tankhah Nama (code of discipline)

This is what Bhai Nand Lal Jee records Guru Gobind Singh Jee tellin them:

"One who wears red (shining clothes) and takes snuff,

Gobind Singh says, he will be punished by the Yama of death"

This is translated by Prithpal Singh Bindra, as originally Bhai Nand Lal jees works are in Persian.

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fateh!

A Veer from London wanted me to post his views on this thread.

You are a bunch of idiots. who honestly cares what colour you wear. I don't wear red but i couldn't care less if someone else does. Ideally you should wear khalsa colours but who cares?

Don't try to talk about texts you don't have a clue about. you are talking about what was originally called nasihatnama. It isn't written by bhai nand lal, it only has his name on it. You can't even try to compare zindaginama or divan and nasihatnama. It isn't written in persian either.

I used to be an <banned word filter activated> and argue about what colours to wear too, but realised you can do more constructive parchar and use your time better rather than try to brainwash a few confused people who are novices to sikhe that red is an evil colour.

What is wrong wit you people ????.....

Another gursikh would not have to say anything like this since they would understand that colours do not matter in sikhi !!!

89586[/snapback]

Sorry no one has the knowledge that you have, but since this is part of taksal maryada, i would assume Sant gyani Gurbachan Singh, Sant baba Kartar Singh Jim and Sant baba Jarnail Singh Ji would have followed this. If they are not gursikhs, i dont know anyone that is.

By the way, it is written clearly by Bhai Nand Lal Ji that Guru GObind Singh Ji told him anyone who wears red is a tankhiya.

Also, im pretty sure nothing about this is written in dasam granth

89603[/snapback]

Sorry veerji i DO NOT have knowledge that you think im claiming of having, but you should read my posts aagain and understand the point im making...

You have named many sants that have said that wearing a certain colour is against sikhi. Its like saying they believe in Raag Mala, and Bhai Randheer singh ji didnt, so who do we say is the bigger maha purkh ??? You see what im saying here... its good to look at others zhindigi and base your decisiions on that, but sometimes you have to make your own decisiion and think hard... would guru ji really think low of you than others if you do this ??

I THINK NOT... it is up to that person if he wants to wear that colour.

ANd the hukamnama of bhai nand laal ji that is written is clearly written at that time and couldve for all means and directed toward the sangat at that time... i dont know but i would rather believe directly what Guru Nanak Dev ji to Guru Gobind SIngh ji would say if i would have ever done that. All they said was have a simple life.. dress simply... naam japo ... i think we should stop arguing about this nonsense and get along with other important sikhi parchaar...

bhul chuk maph!

Another gursikh would not have to say anything like this since they would understand that colours do not matter in sikhi !!!

My reply was made specificalloy made to this point you made, you are entitled to your opinion, and you can wear red and green if you think there is nothing wrong with it.

But dont say that another gursikh would never say this, and you are disrespecting so many great gursikhs by saying this. Just because something doesnt fit your opinion, doesnt make it wrong.

My reply was made specificalloy made to this point you made, you are entitled to your opinion, and you can wear red and green if you think there is nothing wrong with it.

But dont say that another gursikh would never say this, and you are disrespecting so many great gursikhs by saying this. Just because something doesnt fit your opinion, doesnt make it wrong.

89662[/snapback]

I apologize for that comment ... <_<