me moorakh mugadh

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

to me, most are pakandhees

thats a whole nother story, but lets not expect others to do something we're not ready to do, regardless of what theyre saying. im done with this as its pointless to keep going back and forth.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Vahiguru ji ka khalsa, Vahiguru ji ki fateh!

Sadh Sangat Jio,

Could i do a Benti for everyone to PLEASE keep on track i.e. the issues around Consumption of Bhang/Maas etc. Please only Post if you are adding something constructive otherwise this thread will become a hotpotch. Sorry if i have offended anyone with my words.

Dear Veer/Bhain 'Guroodachela' ji,

You wrote: 'Every that you quote from bhagat kabir's bani is good and I agree with what he said. But you have to understand that even in puratan janam sakhi's Akali Nihang Guroo Gobind Singh Jee strictly prohibited the consumption of meat if you are following the PATH OF PEACE AND NON-MARTIAL TRADITIONS such as the Udhasi and Nirmala Panths'.

> Veer Ji, we come to the issue of puratan janam sakhis, literature etc. once again...i personally feel that it is hindering this debate - to the extent that both sides of the fence can easily be argued hence a stalemate situation occurs.

However, what is worth discussing is this distinction between MARTIAL and NON-MARTIAL TRADITIONS...i.e. you went on to write:

'The Akali's on the other were have to eat meat. Guroo sahib didnt want to have a weak frightened and scared army that doesnt eat meat. YOUR FIGHTING WAR FOR GODSAKE! If you cant -- an animal to eat or eat flesh and blood of an animal how are you going to -- other humans. Common sense'.

> Veer ji, i'm afraid that is not common-sense...to argue that one must -- animals and eat their flesh in order to have the composure of a Saint-Soldier is a seriously flawed argument. Are you saying that unless you murder animals, you will not b

e able to physically DEFEND yourself and will inevitably get 'squeamish' at the sight of blood?

Please expand upon the premise behind this point of yours in order to save me from assuming things and looking like a plonker (which i usually do!). :-)

Also Veer ji, please pick up on the other central points from my previous post. It may be better to do that before we get into the 'we must --/eat animals to be Saint Soldiers' debate.

On a sidenote, as someone who identifies themselves with the 'Akali Nihang Tradition', what do you think of Akali Koar Singh ji's major belief-reversal i.e. from Chatka'ing to Vegetarianism?

Indeed, do you know if he did desist from eating Meat for the rest of his life and if so, was he excommunicated from the Buddha Dal/or whichever Dal he was with? i would find any information regarding this really interesting.

Thank you in advance.

Vahiguru ji ka khalsa, Vahiguru ji ki fateh!

i have not taken amrit

that is why i ask, these nihangs put on a spectacle of being armed yet do nothing when they time arises

to me, most are pakandhees

I agree with that.. Nihangs were warrior before british came.. afterwards they did nothing and become more lazier...

Sorry to be a little off topic....

Veerjis,

Nihungs are like the samurai, when given the orders they will give their life, they weren't given the orders by the jathedar of their dal, more importantly, I don't think they've been trained, or have the mindset Guru Gobind Singh ji wanted his Khalsa to have, which is to be involved in worldly affairs, politics, and find out what's happening in the world, and take part in it. For the Nihungs, more influence is just on Shaster Vidya / Gatka, bir rus, and being decked out. Rather than being involved in politics, staying upto date with the news in this world.

When they knew tension was very high in Sri Harmandir Sahib, why didn't they take the initiative to atleast setup their akharay, there just in case. Were they too good for that? Or did they just not pay attention?

Guest mehtab
Sorry to be a little off topic....

Veerjis,

Nihungs are like the samurai, when given the orders they will give their life, they weren't given the orders by the jathedar of their dal, more importantly, I don't think they've been trained, or have the mindset Guru Gobind Singh ji wanted his Khalsa to have, which is to be involved in worldly affairs, politics, and find out what's happening in the world, and take part in it. For the Nihungs, more influence is just on Shaster Vidya / Gatka, bir rus, and being decked out. Rather than being involved in politics, staying upto date with the news in this world.

When they knew tension was very high in Sri Harmandir Sahib, why didn't they take the initiative to atleast setup their akharay, there just in case. Were they too good for that? Or did they just not pay attention?

Well done! This was the main question asked when this thread started and somehow moved onto meat and maryada. Thanks for reminding us Daljeet.

Now back to main question.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

khalsay kay sikhan kee nindak jo nind karay jan boojh narak par aiso bataayo.

guru sahib says anyone who does nindya of my khalsa will not be saved and will go straight to hell.

------------------------------------

ni(n)dhak ni(n)dhaa kar mal dhhovai ouhu malabhakh maaeiaadhhaaree ||

By slandering, the slanderer washes the filth off others; he is an eater of filth, and a worshipper of Maya.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

http://www.tapoban.org/phorum/read.ppa?f=1...i=15760&t=15760

Excerpt:

"Sree Akali Kaur Singh jee’s Gurmat attitude was always focused on kindess and doing good for others. Because of his long stay at Sree Hazoor Sahib, he was very heavily affected by Nihang traditions. But after returning to Punjab and meeting the Singh Sabha, he turned away from the Nihang way of doing things. But a couple Nihang practices were permanently lodged in him. He had his own way of thinking to a large extent. Akali jee always read “Ik Oankaar” as “Aykee Oankaar.” I discussed this with him at length but he continued in this practice. Leaving these disagreements behind, I had so much love and respect for his Gurmat qualities, which will remain forever. He was four years younger than me, but left before me. He didn’t let my turn come. According to the vaak “Vaaree aapoo aapNee koi n bandhai dheer” p. 936, my turn to go to the hereafter is also nearby".

Author: Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh