Our History

There are still those old manuscripts (if they are real) on up for grab .. still time maybe we should get in contact wit bigger organizations that can afford $5000. OR is there anyone rich on this forum .... ORRRR i say we jsut all go and rade his house and jump him ... j/k tongue.gif

NO ..but seriously we have to contact or do something .... are they real ?

WE need a bank account set up, and each person, donates money into this account on a regular basis therefore when money is needed for things like this, we have the funding to purchase the items and then pass to a safe location where we know it will be respected.

This has really made my day suck!!!! Was going alrite too! But now im proper <Edited> off and upset!

If we are meant to give 10% of earning to charitable causes is this not also charitable cause? saving Sikhi? Does anyone else think we can set this up?

Our local youths always say we need money for stuf but none of us have ever done it, we jst cough up on the day..

Please sangat ji, lets not let this one slip!

START E-MAILING PEOPLE!!!!!!

Don't just view the topic and do nothing about it, open your hotmail or whatever you use, and send e-mails to SGPC, and other Sikh organizations, we have many wealthy individuals in the panth who can help save this stuff from being sold to the wrong people, it needs to be preserved.

Template:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh!

It came to my attention that several rare Sikh manuscripts, coins, and other relics are being sold for petty cash on many websites, a famous auction website that I came across was eBay.com, there is precious Sikh history up for auction on this website and sadly we are losing it. You can view the 'Rare Manuscript - Bhai Gurdas Ji from the 1800's, containing the history of SIKH GURUS, BHAI GURDAS JI and BHAI MANI SINGH. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60209&item=7310731229&rd=1)

You can view more items from the same seller here: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZssham2004.

I hope you can take the necessary steps to preserve our history for the future generations to come.

Regards,

Your Name

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh!

Sikh/Punjabi/Mahraja Ranjit Singh Coins are not gonna extint tongue.gif believe me they are selling for a dollar or so on ebay since last 4 years. In my view, i think that they are fake.. don't know.. but most of the postcards are sure fake..

I have almost close to 20 unique sikh items bought from ebay (past 5 years). There weren't any sikh Sellers during those times.. The first sikh seller i came to know was from delhi, he started with selling small sikh items and then started selling antique sikh talwars and so on and now he got like 200 or something feedbacks (not sure). So i guess that sets the trends and other sikhs were like.. grin.gif if we can sell a talwar for 100bucks easily then there's some $$ in it so that what started the trends. I myself never ever bought any postcards, sikh items from Indian name userid or from india. Anyway, i found out later on that most of the items on ebay are fake (mostly listing saying 100 or 150 years old postcard/news clippings and so on).. Btw, i quit ebay for good LOL.gif

Regarding the action, i guess this is pure democracy, anyone can sell anything.. so i guess it's out of question to stop this trend. no.gif

Just my views.. <_<

Alot of the coins, postcards, paintings, etc. could be fake and its not the main concern though. The manuscripts are the MAIN CONCERN, they shouldn't be on auction, I noticed one was from the early 1900s its just a book from an old author about the life of Bhai Gurdas ji, its still historical. But the main thing is preserving the hand-written things by puratan gursikhs.