IS.............

it is wrong fore a sikh to have more than one wife

against maryada

but guru je did have more than one wife

i already gave a reason. and the sakhi of gur nanak dev je and bhai mardnana shows that sikhs aint guru je

i cant remeebr, but bijla singh veer je proved with historical texts that guru jeh ad more than one wife on a thread before

bhula chuka maf

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Akaal108

against maryada

i already gave a reason. and the sakhi of gur nanak dev je and bhai mardnana shows that sikhs aint guru je

i cant remeebr, but bijla singh veer je proved with historical texts that guru jeh ad more than one wife on a thread before

bhula chuka maf

92677[/snapback]

so was it wrong of bhai mani singh ji having two wives?

Sometimes during the circumstances one has to take decisions.. we khalsa are not karam khandis..we are given bibek buddhi by guru ji to deal with suitations compare to the pandits when some next to them are dying instead of helping them they are busy with their karam khands (ie-worshipping idols).

I know that has nothing to do with the topic but just giving an example.

Here is another one (This might freak people out) - this is one historically written down.. again compromise of maryada according to harsh circumstances.

references: check out Panth Parkash  by Giani Gian Singh -  after the battle of chamkaur

Wasnt there a time wen Guru Ji was being hunted down by the Mughal Govt and he was dressed as Uch da Peer.

Guru Sahib was passing through a place in ludhiana dressed as 'Uch da Peer'. (where there is now Gurdwara Kirpaan Bhet Sahib - which is looked after by Buddhal Dal Nihang Singhs).

Suddenly Mughal Fauja surrounded Guru Ji and the Bhai Daya Singh Ji (Panj Pyara) and the other Singhs who were with him dressed as Muslims.

There was a Mullah (muslim priest) with the soldiers and he had heard that Guru Gobind Singh was disguised and travelling through Ludhiana. He suspected that the Guru may have disguised himself as 'Uch da Peer'.

The Mullah knew that Sikhs did not eat Halaal and so he requested the Sikhs who were dressed as muslims and Guru Ji disguised as Uch da Peer to eat meat and food with them.

BHai Daya Singh said that the 'Uch da Peer' was fasting and could not take any food. The the Mullah said that if the Peer is fasting you could still partake in eating meat and other food with us.

The Singhs came back to Guru Ji and told him about the situation. Guru Ji told the Singhs to do an ardas and before they ate the food and to put their 'Kirpans' through the food and to 'kirpan bhet' the food - much like we do today with langar food.

The Singhs then ate this food and the fauja of the mughals left them alone.

(As read off the board at Gurdwara Kirpan Bhet Sahib)

25. Gurudawara Kirpal Bhet Machiwara , Ludhiana - www.budhaldal.com

is eating halaal not against gurmat?

i shall ask again is eating hallal not against gurmat?? Yes it is.. but according to circumstances, one has to compromise maryada.

Guru Ji gave us bibek buddhi to make decisions...!

Polygamy is not encouraged in Sikhi.. however in individual circumstances small things like this is parvan in Sikhi... one has to be true to themselves and do ardas infront of Guru Maharaj... Sikhs are followers of Guru Nanak Dev Nirankar who gave us bibek buddhi .. We are not Sikh of any Bhramin Pandit who is full of baram(doubts) and get freaked out in small things.

im not sure bout the halal story

ive heard it but i dont think its true

y

my source sant baba kartaar singh je

in their katha they clearly say that halal meat is NEVER to be eaten no matter what happens

chatka can be eaten during times of jang when no other food around

but halal is forbidden

but i will check with some singh sahibs

ven if this is story is true, these singhs were told directly from guru je that they can eat the meat

most of us cant do that

they were told by guru je, so they were allowed by maharaj himself

then its allg ood, watever guru je says is ok

but guru je nbever gave us this chance ever, halal is always forbidden and is a bujjar kureight

i see wat ure saying, but if guru je comes to u himself and says go ahead have more than one wife hen go ahead, thas if this stroy is true

and as for bhai mani singh je having more than one wife this is first time i heard that

ni sant je in katha has ever mentioned this to me, nor has any singh mentioned this to m before

did anty sant mahatham say this in katha before, or is it written somewhere?

bhula chuka maf

man, gurbani isnt written for guru je

its written for humanity

guru je is vaheguru himself

there the MAKER of the rules

so who are we to question them??

guru ej had more than one wife

all purtaan texts say this

look at any one

mahaan kosh, anyone go look

go take a look at old insttuited, taksla, nihangs, nirmalas, everyone

ask the people who new the sants of today, like wat was sant ishar singh jes views on this, sant nand singh jes views on this

everyone VEERYONE knows this

suddenly the youth think its wrong for men to not wear shirt while doing ishnaan at harimander sahib, suddenly bibs just came into the panj, suddenly bibs want to walk first in llavaan, suddenly guru je has only one wife, suddenly bujjar kureight have changed, suddenly all this stuff happens in such littel time

we cme say this stuff after 300 years of the same stuff going on and we say this purataan this is purataan

we need to chill it

maryada has already been writtten, y alays buggin and questioning it?

this is how new jathai have formed man

people keep on being full of bharm of evrry little thing

people who have bharm have no seat in sach khand either

we need to get rid of these little bharms

this is pandit style man, we ain bharm, were khalsa, we have no bharm

however, for sikhs it is forbidden, i dont really know about sikh honestly, ill have so ask some chard kala singhs and find out

i know fore sur eguru je had more than one wife, but i dont know if were allowed to marry only once, but from wat i know a khalsa mrrys once and thas it, but i need to check this out, i dont wanna spread some next stuff around

bhula chuka maf

against maryada

bhula chuka maf

92677[/snapback]

Guroo ji wud never tell us not to do something and then go and do it himslef, Guroo ji is a Khalsa and he also follows the rehat to the full. Btw. gangsta replys sher_panjabi veerji :e:

i will veer je

and singhsta

did u read my sakhi of bhai mardana and guru nanak dev je?

well, k

nice

i know for a fact for a fact

and mman i can prove it with historical texts, just look at all hostorical texts

look at mahan kosh

theres even 2 gurughars for each of their othi joth samae thaan

y wud there be two

TWO

maan

ask any instuite

ask anyobbuyds

its only been changhed now, y do people always change our histpry and

bhula chuka maf