does GOD have......

curious_man

ego????

:cool: @ i know its even wrong to think

but....

y is it that the aim of life is to remember and meditate on Him???

like a person can be good at heart....say that he never say lies...stands for truth and justice...always help other ppl...like all good moral ethics in him...

but he doesnt remember GOD !!!...so all useless

why????...y GOD wants us to remember Him every breath....

secondly...

if a person beleives in GOD....but he is not a sikh....like say mr.x is a very pious person but a strict hindu....he does no evil things

similarly mr.y is a strict muslim..but very pious....

my question is that sikhi says no religion is wrong ....all r different paths to GOD....if followed by heart.....

but then hinduism beleives caste system, fasts.....similarly islam beleives all other religions are kufar(not true), beleives in fast too....etc etc....

so that contradicts sikhi....

hence a true muslim according to koran....a true hindu according to geeta...a true jew ..a true christian..etc etc.....can never reach god????? no matter how much pious they r at heart ????

:):) just my general feeling!!!!!

ego????

:doh: @ i know its even wrong to think

but....

y is it that the aim of life is to remember and meditate on Him???

like a person can be good at heart....say that he never say lies...stands for truth and justice...always help other ppl...like all good moral ethics in him...

but he doesnt remember GOD !!!...so all useless

why????...y GOD wants us to remember Him every breath....

God doesn't want or need you to do anything for him. It is a common misconeption that God needs you, it is you who need him. ....'Vayparvah'..... It is you who should remember. In Gurbani it is said (sorry can't remember the exact words) that he does not grow if you praise him thousand times or decrease if you slander him. You praise him out of your FREEDOM and Slander him out of your FREEDOM. If you want your ego to survive he will let you keep it. If you wish to kill it he will help you remove it. Love is Freedom.

If he had an ego he would force you to praise him to satisfy himself. To say that he needs Satifaction out of yoru praise would mean he has a desire, he has needs and is not self-sufficient. To say he is not Self Sufficient or has needs would mean he is not complelte. He is not full, but empty for praise. Then the other emotions of the human mind enter, greed for this praise, hatred for thsoe who do not praise him..etc. Then you make God a personafied being who need for his creation. To say he needs would mean he is not a part of this world, but something that exists in another plane of existence or place. Just as you need Food for the body as it is not a part of you, but outside of you...similariy he needs your praise. Yet there is no other but him, who is in need of whom, if he has an ego, what does this ego need from whom when he is all and all is he? Who praises who? Is he not the Slave and the Master, is he not the Sevak himself. Is he not the weak and the Strong?

secondly...

if a person beleives in GOD....but he is not a sikh....like say mr.x is a very pious person but a strict hindu....he does no evil things

similarly mr.y is a strict muslim..but very pious....

my question is that sikhi says no religion is wrong ....all r different paths to GOD....if followed by heart.....

but then hinduism beleives caste system, fasts.....similarly islam beleives all other religions are kufar(not true), beleives in fast too....etc etc....

so that contradicts sikhi....

hence a true muslim according to koran....a true hindu according to geeta...a true jew ..a true christian..etc etc.....can never reach god????? no matter how much pious they r at heart ????

:)   :cool:   just my general feeling!!!!!

93240[/snapback]

Contradiction exist on the upper level of rituals, percpetions, understandings, but on the deeper level of Truth , of personal experience of your divine existence there is no contradiction. Just because the Mass follow a certain definition of the word Kafir or any word for that matter does not mean they are correct. There is a source within us that reveals the Truth for us, find it and all misconceptions, doubts, will be removed.

We shouldn't limit god to the exclusiveness of Religion. Religion is only a means , a certain guideline for individuals. Do not bind god to a Religion. He is beyond lables. Religion is like a Train Station where you grab the train of your Journey towards the destination...do not lay at the train-station, but get on a train and enjoy the journey. A lauchpad for your journey into self-dicovery.

Is Religion the only medium to him? Who knows, perhaps the first individual who realize that there must be a creator of this creation perhaps had no religion, he belonged to no lable, yet he found the source without Religion.

If he is indeed infinite then as are the paths to him. There are infinite rays of the sun, grab ahold of one and it will take you to its source. But we see the limited number of religions and confine God to those paths. Yet the undiscoverd paths exist without number as our mind evolves as do the paths to him. We compare the paths we know and think these are the only ones. Many paths have been lost thru time and more will be found in the future. :)

You praise him out of your FREEDOM and Slander him out of your FREEDOM. If you want your ego to survive he will let you keep it. If you wish to kill it he will help you remove it.

pheena ji.... how come u say that we have freedom....

i have heard in many kathaas...all gianis say that its only God's will, its due to His blessings only that a person comes to this path..and due to His will only the person keeps wandering....

i guess its in japuji sahib....\

so there is no way we have our "own" freedom????

so my question is still remains unanswered , isn't it??? :)

i really liked ure train station metaphor...

so ...sikhi is the best train station ..i guess blush.gif

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Veerjee, I will give you what i think is my answer, i donno if its right :)

I think we have to remember that God isn't a person, isn't physical. God is everything, everywhere, right? When some meditate on Waheguroo, they can transend their physical body and tap into the energy of Waheguroo, ie: tap into everything. I THINK that this is how miracles are performed too :)

So our purpose in life is to eventually tap into Waheguroo, and the only way you can do it is by trying really really hard. To do that you have to focus really really hard. And that's what simran is... meditating, focusing, on paramathma to try to tap into it... and when and if we succeed, nothing else will matter :cool:

Bhul Chuk Maph

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Also a side point.. this is why Sikhism is the best religion out there. It teaches us to only worry about what we can do to attain waheguroo: naam japna, vand chakna, kirth karna, without wasting our time in things like caste, rituals, fasts, etc. that do nothing to help us on our path.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

just a quic mention about what pheena ji said.

i disagree that god doesn't need us.. theoretically, yes, God doesn't need us, but he (for purpose of Conversation, i'm useing "he"...no feminists get on my case, please) takes onthe role of Father, as the world takes on the role as son/daughter.

God needs us... i mean gurbaani tells us that all we hafta do is take just one step in God's direction, and God comes RUNNING towards us, takes MILLIONS of steps!

the relationship goes both ways, each needs each other, no life is fruitful without god.

Charan Sharan gur EK penda jaaey chal, satgur KOTT PENDA AAGAY hoey let hai!

You praise him out of your FREEDOM and Slander him out of your FREEDOM. If you want your ego to survive he will let you keep it. If you wish to kill it he will help you remove it.

pheena ji.... how come u say that we have freedom....

i have heard in many kathaas...all gianis say that its only God's will, its due to His blessings only that a person comes to this path..and due to His will only the person keeps wandering....

i guess its in japuji sahib....\

so there is no way we have our "own" freedom????

so my question is still remains unanswered , isn't it??? :)

I see them both as correct. I have a feeling my words will fail in explaining this paradox.

If we had no freedom then there would be no need for god to send his Saints to set us on the right path. What purpose did they serve if we had no freedom to go astray. Do you not commit Sins, if it was God that made you commit sins then why are you getting punished for them?? Why do you Suffer? I mean it was God who made you sin right? Then who is the Sinner or is there such thing as a Sin when it is being done by God? If people are told that god does everything without having the discipline to fully understand that giaan, they will misuse it.

A man robs a bank, gets caught and goes to the judge. The judge asks why did you rob the bank. The man said, 'because god told me to do it'. After a pause the Judge said, well god just told me to sentence you to 5 years in prison.

When one understand that it is god himself that is behind everything it is only understood when the ego is not present, until then 'you' will get in the way of his work and claim responsibility for his work. You will think that it is I am doing it and where you (ego) are god isn't, He gives you the freedom to be yourself, he does not force himself upon your ego. His Love Creates Freedom for you choose. Freedom and Love go hand in hand.

The True Reality is that the Creator himself is the force behind the creation. He himself is the Sevak and is the Saint. but it cannot be fully grasped until you have Surrendered to his Will 100%, not 99%, but in Totality. Only then do you fully undestand that indeed all is his doing, he himself makes other go astray, he himself makes other come towards him. Love is only Love when it is given in Freedom. In your freedom you choose to give your Love, to Surrender yourself. Only then is it True Love, if it was forced then it isn't love, for the whole purpose of surrendering to his will is to give yourself to his will Freely, with freedom because Love is Freedom.

A man is free to be good and free to be bad—as bad as he wishes—when God is the Lord of everything.  This is because true freedom exists only if there is freedom to do what one wishes, be it good or bad.  When no such freedom exists, man is not man but a machine which does whatever it is made to do because it is insentient.

Man is sentient; he possesses consciousness. Consciousness is not possible without freedom.

Dhun-Nun was an Egyptian fakir. When he realized God he heard a voice in the skies which said, "Dhun Nun, before you set out in search of Me, I had already chosen you. Had I not, you would never have set out in search of Me."

Nanak says that He ordains the one He chooses with the quality to sing His praise. The fact is, you set out to seek Him only when He has knocked at your door. How can you set out on this tremendous quest all by yourself? How can you arrive at the idea of the quest, how can you acquire His remembrance, how can His praise be born within you, if He does not will it?  Then no matter how long it takes in the quest, the fact is that He has already chosen you.

Your search has begun; He has already entered into your life. He has awakened the thirst within you and Nanak says: It is He alone who awakens the thirst for Him.

Nanak's method is: leave all to Him. Keep nothing in your hands because the arrogance of the ego can arise very subtly. You may begin to say, "I am a seeker, I am in quest of God." But Nanak, so that this I does not take root anywhere, says it is His grace that confers the quality to sing His praise. We can only sing Your praise if You will us to do so. How can we sing Your praise without Your direction? We cannot even raise our eyes towards You unless You give support to our vision. Our feet can never walk along Your path unless You direct them. We cannot think of You, or dream of You, or ponder over You, unless You have already chosen us.

Nanak plucks out all roots of the ego. Where ego is not, there His doors open to us; where ego is not, the resonance of Omkar starts on its own. Only because of the tumult and noise of your ego, can you not hear the faint resonance within.

The links below are not direct answers to your question, but in each of them there is a link to your question. I apologize for the various link for you to read, i couldn't find the one directly related to your question.

Read this one first, if it does not explain then move the other 3. :)

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.ppa?t=2684

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.ppa?t=6590

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.ppa?t=2522

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.ppa?t=2443

just a quic mention about what pheena ji said.

i disagree that god doesn't need us.. theoretically, yes, God doesn't need us, but he (for purpose of Conversation, i'm useing "he"...no feminists get on my case, please)  takes onthe role of Father, as the world takes on the role as son/daughter.

God needs us... i mean gurbaani tells us that all we hafta do is take just one step in God's direction, and God comes RUNNING towards us, takes MILLIONS of steps!

the relationship goes both ways, each needs each other, no life is fruitful without god.

Charan Sharan gur EK penda jaaey chal, satgur KOTT PENDA AAGAY hoey let hai!

93847[/snapback]

You are also correct veer ji, but at the same time Who is in need of whom? He himself is needing himself, when he is no different from you and exist in totality of his presence at every moment.

You are Correct in the sense of a Relationsihp...of the Prodigal Son returning to his rightfull ownership of the throne.

No matter how far you go, He is always behind you, following you. He causes you no interference, no matter what path you tread. He does not even stop you from going wrong, if that's where you are heading. He allows you to be wrong if you so wish, and in His tender love He does not remove His energy from you, but waits. He awaits your pleasure. He hopes that one day you will return and when you do -- ah, what joy, what ecstasy he feels!......

......We have a very deep connection with existence, and existence feels pleased -- so the Hindus have known from time immemorial. That is why it is said that when a person attains buddhahood flowers bloom out of season. Flowers open when Buddha passes by, whatever the season, for existence is filled with bliss at that moment.

This is what Nanak is saying, that He is so filled with joy and dances in ecstasy whenever the prodigal returns. This is the union of freedom and love. Do what you will, you cannot displease Him. His love for you is much deeper than anything you might do. But His attachment is not like yours. He doesn't chain you by the neck. God is not a prison; God is love and freedom. It is difficult to explain, for they appear so contrary, for when you love a person you take away his freedom, and when you give freedom you say goodbye to love.